Do you have demonstrated experience leading a design team through product delivery?
Are you prepared to take responsibility for translating the product vision into the UI and interactions that bring new value to an established and discerning customer base?
If that sounds like you, our Senior Product Designer role might be the right opportunity for you.
Who We Are. We’re a digital solutions agency working with clients from scale-ups to some of the most recognisable brands in the UK and around the world, to develop state of the art web and mobile applications that push the boundaries of innovation. With every project, we push ourselves to do better than before.
That means we’re always looking to try new approaches, libraries, and architectures to stay ahead of the curve, and we’re always looking for curious, creative people to add to our growing team.
Our Team. We care about hiring great people who want to make meaningful contributions.
It’s important to us that we support each other, help each other, and push each other to work hard and improve. We value everyone’s unique input and skills: developers, testers, product owners, project managers and designers all collaborate as equals on every project. That collaboration and teamwork is what helps us deliver innovative, exciting products for our clients.
To ensure everyone gets the help and encouragement they need, we’ve developed a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within Engineering. You'll get close support from your line manager with your day-to-day work, and you’ll have the support and resources you need to evaluate your career growth and professional development.
The Role. You will be working as part of an Agile team striving for an MVP release by the end of the year. There will be a significant design task upfront and the opportunity to demonstrate strong leadership skills and style to the rest of the team. You’ll need to be comfortable getting up to productive speed quickly on a complex project. At this level, you will need the work rate and quality that comes with many years of experience on projects of similar gravitas.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll bring a mix of strong product design experience, design-thinking, design-system knowledge, expertise, and innovation. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with business needs. You'll be able to make bold, evidence-based decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment.
You’ll value collaboration and consistency across teams, working closely with other designers, product managers and engineers (local & distributed) to build great experiences. You will be comfortable engaging with the senior leadership team and with working in a fast-paced environment while delivering to deadline.
- Expertise in consumer facing product design, user interface design, interaction, visual and motion design, storytelling, and prototyping
- Experience of designing native apps
- Ample experience designing elegant, polished and delightful consumer-facing UIs
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and componentisation
- The ability to tackle complex problems, whilst identifying and mitigating risks
- Proven expertise in the user-centred design process
- A bias towards documentation
- Great communication, collaboration and presentation skills, including the ability to explain your ideas clearly and persuasively to non-designers, especially senior executives
- Ability to multitask and prioritise – knowing when to be biased for action, and when to be considered and slow things down
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
Skills and experience in the following areas are desired, but not essential:
- Skilled in Figma
- Motion graphics
- Experience mentoring others
- Agency experience
- An understanding of design patterns for behavioural change
- A good understanding of design as it relates to business
Our Perks. It’s important to invest in great people.
We offer a competitive salary alongside other perks like guaranteed free snacks, soft drinks and fruit, regular catered lunches, games nights, table tennis, and a spacious city-centre office in Edinburgh.
We’ve also got a running club, regular active challenges, social events such as murder mystery nights, online escape rooms, and bingo, and we host online hobby evenings for anyone who’s interested.
More benefits and details about Holiday allowance and leave are listed with the job description, below.
- A competitive salary.
- 32 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible parental leave.
- Personal development and progression plans.
- A Macbook Pro and more top tech to facilitate your role.
- A dynamic and energetic environment.
- Regular in person and online social events.
- YuLife employee benefits (including discounts for personal health and fitness equipment and experiences).
This position is open to UK based REMOTE workers.Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.
How to apply:
- To apply, send us your portfolio of case studies: This should demonstrate your strengths as a designer and explain how you have been involved in the projects presented.
- Please send this along with an up to date CV and a cover letter: outline why you want to join xDesign and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.