Help us to deliver amazing web apps. Inspire those around you.
We've got opportunities for you to work on interesting projects, innovate with the latest technologies and produce solutions that delight our clients.
Do you have experience in developing scalable APIs and backend systems? Do you care about writing clean, maintainable and testable code? If so, we've got a great role for you to stretch your wings and see what you're really capable of.
Who are we
xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software agency, founded in Edinburgh and now expanding our team in Leeds. Some of our clients include FanDuel, Tesco Bank, MoneySuperMarket and Heineken, and as we continue our strong partnerships, we're joining the growing tech hub at Bruntwood's Platform Building.
We're an apps and digital solutions agency, so every project we do is a little bit different. With every project, we push ourselves to do better than before. We work with clients to develop state of the art web and mobile applications that push the boundaries of innovation.
We are always looking to try new approaches, libraries, and architectures to stay on the cutting edge. As well as a generous salary, we’ve got some amazing perks and benefits including the obligatory ping pong, free snacks, soft drinks and fruit, regular catered lunches, games nights and a new city-centre office in Leeds.
Due to the ongoing pandemic we’ve had to get creative to ensure our staff are supported and rewarded. Staff wellbeing is high on our agenda, we have a running club, and regular active challenges with prizes for the winner. We also run social events such as murder mystery nights, online escape rooms, bingo and we also host online hobby evenings every Wednesday for those that are interested.
We care about hiring great people so you'll be working with a team that cares. We support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together.
Developers, testers, product owners and designers all collaborate as equals on projects to make the best product possible. Every day's progress is a communal effort and you'll be a valued member of the team.
We have a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within engineering. You’ll get close support from your line manager with your day to day work as well as looking at the bigger picture of your career growth and knowledge development.
We're looking to build more Java based API solutions for our existing and future clients. The exact framework, cloud technologies and database we use vary depending on the project. We write automated tests across all our projects, code is always reviewed, and as a team we meet regularly to discuss new approaches and challenges.
- Developing RESTful Java APIs including interaction with databases with a focus on readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Lead back-end technical discussions on a project considering the overall functional and non-functional requirements
- Integrating with third-party APIs such as payment gateways
- Creating associated API documentation and working in partnership with developers consuming your APIs.
- Working as part of a cross-functional scrum team and contributing your expertise to drive the overall success of a project.
- Being an advocate for engineering best practices across platforms
- Mentoring and coaching other developers on your team
- Strong knowledge of API development using Java including ORM usage
- Enthusiastic and experienced in using engineering best practices, clean code and unit testing
- Comfortable being a technical leader in your team, setting and driving forward standards
- Experience designing and implementing the bigger picture
- Experience of using Azure or AWS products is not required but would be beneficial
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Passion and Enthusiasm for delivering great products
- Variety - the chance to work with a wide range of clients from start-ups to big name brands
- A dynamic and energetic environment (we know how to work hard but have fun at the same time)
- Personal development and progression plans
- 32 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays, which incidentally you’re free to take whenever you want)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (Covid permitting!)
- A competitive salary
- YuLife employee benefits
And lots more!
Salary range depending on experience, £40 - 80k + benefits.
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.