Help us to deliver amazing web apps. Inspire those around you.
We've got opportunities for you to work on interesting projects, innovate with the latest technologies and produce solutions that delight our clients. Do you have experience in developing complex SPAs? Do you care about writing clean, maintainable and testable code? If so, we've got a great role for you to stretch your wings and see what you're really capable of.
Who are we
xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software agency, founded in Edinburgh and now expanding our team in Leeds. Some of our clients include FanDuel, Tesco Bank, MoneySuperMarket and Heineken, and as we continue our strong partnerships, we're joining the growing tech hub at Bruntwood's Platform Building.
We're an apps and digital solutions agency, so every project we do is a little bit different. With every project, we push ourselves to do better than before. We work with clients to develop state of the art web and mobile applications that push the boundaries of innovation.
We are always looking to try new approaches, libraries, and architectures to stay on the cutting edge. As well as a generous salary, we’ve got some amazing perks and benefits including the obligatory ping pong, free snacks, soft drinks and fruit, regular catered lunches, games nights and a new city-centre office in Leeds.
Due to the ongoing pandemic we’ve had to get creative to ensure our staff are supported and rewarded. Staff wellbeing is high on our agenda, we have a running club, and regular active challenges with prizes for the winner. We also run social events such as murder mystery nights, online escape rooms, bingo and we also host online hobby evenings every Wednesday for those that are interested.
We care about hiring great people so you'll be working with a team that cares. We support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together.
Developers, testers, product owners and designers all collaborate as equals on projects to make the best product possible. Every day's progress is a communal effort and you'll be a valued member of the team.
We have a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within engineering. You’ll get close support from your line manager with your day to day work as well as looking at the bigger picture of your career growth and knowledge development.
- Developing single-page web apps with a focus on readable, maintainable and tested code using React.
- Take part in front-end technical discussions on a project considering the overall functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with designers, product owners, testers and clients to deliver great products as an agile team
- Implementing engineering best practices across web and mobile platforms
- Facilitating meetings and discussions with teammates
- Proactively engage in technical conversations with the client
- Providing mentorship and guidance to others seeking to improve their skills
- Enthusiastic and experienced in using engineering best practices and writing clean and accessible code.
- Ability to explain complex technical ideas in a clear manner to peers who have no previous knowledge
- Passion and enthusiasm for delivering great products
Nice to haves
- Experience in TDD, writing testable code and unit/integrations tests
- Experience of optimisation for performance, accessibility and security
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Experience working with cloud services & CI/CD (e.g. AWS, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Variety - the chance to work with a wide range of clients from start-ups to big name brands
- A dynamic and energetic environment
- Personal development and progression plans
- 32 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays, which incidentally you’re free to take whenever you want)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (Covid permitting!)
- A competitive salary
- YuLife employee benefits
- And lots more!
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.