WorkDAO is the Web3-native employment, payroll, benefits and tax provider. We bridge the gap between existing regulatory structures and the innovation of the Web3 ecosystem without diminishing either.
WorkDAO Services include:
- Crypto-native Employer of Record services,
- Token tax and payroll processing,
- HR business partnership services,
- Indemnification of employment liability, and
- Intellectual property (IP) custodianship for DAOs.
We are building to advance the ecosystem. We deeply understand the needs of our customers. We focus on providing solutions to handle the hard, complex labor and tax responsibilities in every jurisdiction.
Our mission is to create the best working experience for contributors and unlock legal, compliant employment for the next million contributors in Web3.
About the Role
As a Lead Engineer, you’ll primarily be working with WorkDAO’s Token Payroll Product Design team and eventually report into the VP of Engineering. Together, you’ll help solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems and build delightful user experiences and scalable front-end and back-end systems to make Token Payroll accessible to everyone across the globe. One example of this is bringing WorkDAO’s tax engine product to market which has the potential to be used by millions of employees globally. You will be instrumental in bringing our product to market and establishing the foundation for future growth.
Timezone requirement: EST +/- 5 hours
This is a contract-to-hire role.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and our CEO to turn WorkDAO’s long-term vision into tangible goals.
- Design technical infrastructure to help WorkDAO scale by creating new product flows, front- and back-end systems, and implementing these from scratch.
- Design and implement our tax engine product from scratch and scale it to hundreds of countries and millions of users.
- Establish best practices ensuring that systems and processes are well documented to ensure the scalability of the engineering team.
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering. Startup experience is a plus.
- You’ve designed and implemented multiple web-based products from scratch and scaled them up.
- You’ve designed front-end and back-end systems, written the first lines of code, and launched and scaled a product to a high level of impact (millions of users or millions of dollars in revenue).
- You know what high-quality code and software engineering processes look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- You're passionate about the intersection of Web3 compensation.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and in multiple time zones.
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote anywhere in the world
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Ultra competitive salary ($160-180k USD)
- Equipment supplied