The what3words team is on a mission to create the global standard for communicating location. We’re making the world an easier, more efficient and safer place for everyone.
what3words is built on the very latest tech platforms, which we’re always innovating and improving on – from a new website to apps, car and logistics software and hardware, voice technology, OCR and more.
We are proud of our tech stack. You’ll be exposed to technologies such as ReactJS, Docker, Redis, AWS Lambdas, Prometheus, Grafana, Python, Athena, BigQuery, Java, Scala, C++ and Swift.
Life on the what3words tech team is innovative, Agile and fast-paced. You’ll be joining a group of talented people from all over the world on an unprecedented journey.
Everyday brings new challenges, and we are continually learning.
We are a global company located in West London’s creative hub. Our headquarters are near Portobello Road and a short walk from Westbourne Park and Royal Oak tube stations.
- Experience with data ingestion, aggregation and analytics pipelines
- X Years database management experience (such as MySQL, BigQuery, PostGRES) and scaling/sharding/caching/load balancing/query optimisationDesirable Skills:
- Experience with data visualisation tools (D3/Datastudio/Looker)
- Design of RESTful APIsNice to have
- Automated Build Systems (such as Jenkins or Travis CI), Cloud deployments (AWS, Docker, kubernetes)You will have:
- Excellent communication skills with perfect spoken and written English
- The ability to talk to techies and non-techies in suitable language
- A passion for development and staying current with technology trends
- The ability to work both independently and with others
- A focus on high quality data engineering work and attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environmentExtra credit if you:
- Like maps and location based services and know what a GIS is, what Leaflet and the Google Maps API are and what the difference between latitude and longitude is
- Are able to understand the business context of what you’re doing – understand the value your work creates.
- Enjoy learning new skills in scripting languages and how to use those to showcase our products**Tier 2 sponsorship available for candidates requiring a UK work visa**
25 days holiday
Cycle to work
VDU eye tests
Free breakfast & snacks
Weekly lunch & learn sessions
Regular team lunches & team socials
Sports and hobbies clubs