ApplicationsLess than 5
Interview RequestsLess than 5
What is WalkUp?
WalkUp gets you a table either in real time or allows you to join a queue virtually via our App without you needing to standing line.
We have over 300,000 users on our consumer App (already top 50 on the Apple Food and Drink charts with no marketing spend) and seat over 3,000,000 diners a month! You'll be helping us get to a point where diners can grab tables without ever having to book, just click a button and eat wherever you want. 70% of dining occasions are walk ins while 30% are bookings. We're going to be the Technology for that 70% and want you to be part of that!
Take a look at our website to see a bit more: https://walkup.tech/
We've also been featured as Apple's App of the day: https://apps.apple.com/gb/story/id1487466975
Engineering at WalkUp
You’ll join 4 other developers, working closely with all sides of the system. We all work together to solve the problems that we face everyday.
We’re passionate about clean, testable, self-documenting code, we use React Native exclusively for our Android and iOS app, and target the most recent SDKs and technology so we can use the latest and greatest device features available to us.
We use write our backend in Node.js and Go in conjunction with Firebase as well as Kubernetes to allows us to iterate new features very quickly.
As part of the early team of WalkUp you will have a huge impact on the direction of the company and the features that we decide to build.
Our recruitment process
We tend to be flexible in our approach. Below is a taste of what our process usually looks like:
*Initial chat with one of the founders (30min)* - Obviously you will have looked into WalkUp and know a little bit about what we do from our Website etc, however this is your chance for us to get to know you and you to ask questions that only the insiders of Walkup will know! It also allows us to find out if you will fit what the team needs at the moment.
*Live code test and technical interview (with the CTO and a Developer for an hour or two depending on the task)* - A fun and simple challenge which will be completed with some of the team so that you can see what we are like and we can verify your programming prowess.
*Final team interview (an hour or so)* - you get to meet the team, engineers and non engineers alike, we want to make sure WalkUp is a place that you will not regret becoming part of the WalkUp family. You will will be able to stay and see how the team works if you like and maybe help with that days challenge!
Why you should consider joining us
- Huge personal and technical development: We're seating over 3,000,000 people a month and growing double digits so you'll learn and use the latest technologies to keep us ahead of the curve.
- You'll get options in the fastest growing restaurant tech company out there.
- You'll get lots of free food from the coolest restaurants out there.
- Help shape the future of the company, we're a small team so anyone joining at this stage will be critical to shaping where we end up.
- You'll build products used by millions of people all over London as we've already sat over 10,000,000 people this year.
- Support and mentorship to help you improve your skills
- Fully remote at the minute (though we do have an optional office space which can be used when wanted).
- You'll have opportunities to grow faster than you ever have before, if you're looking to challenge yourself and take on real responsibility we can give you that. We've already got real scale but our team is less than 10 people so you'll get an opportunity to make a real difference.
If you want to be able to click a button and eat anywhere you want instantly, while working with an awesome team then come work with us!
We work hard and we like to play hard too. We'll have team outings, cook offs, video game nights, etc.
Lots of our restaurants are legends and we get to eat there, often for free/the company will pay for it. In need of a last minute table at an awesome restaurant, we can literally sort you out!
Can work completely remotely, we do have an office space though in central london (near Bond St) for anyone who does want to hang out there.
We focus a lot on helping people grow while they are here. You'll have time to focus on your development and growth with proper personal development plans and sessions with your line manager. Part of the reason we started WalkUp was to learn and grow with a really awesome team, so we'd want to help you have an experience where you really feel like you're growing in the ways that you want!