Role Title: Software Engineer - Java
Location: Paddington, London
Role Type: Permanent, Full-Time
VIOOH (pronounced “view”) is a leading global digital out of home marketplace. Launched in 2018 and with headquarters in London, VIOOH’s platform connects buyers and sellers in a premium marketplace, making Out of Home (OOH) easily accessible.
Led by a team of digital OOH & programmatic tech experts, VIOOH is pioneering the transformation of the OOH sector, championing its role in enhancing omni-channel digital campaigns through the use of programmatic capabilities and data. Financially backed by the world’s #1 out of home company JCDecaux, we offer an integrated automation and programmatic trading platform, incorporating both JCDecaux and third party media sellers, as well as buyers.
We want to deliver effective programmatic OOH for our partners in an innovative and scalable way, helping advertisers make meaningful connections with consumers to ensure they get the most out of their media budgets. We love being leaders in such a fast-moving, dynamic sector and we hope you will join us in “changing the conversation” about OOH.
We are a team of curious, passionate problem solvers. We are always looking to push our boundaries by accepting new challenges and using the best technologies and methodologies we can.
Working as a part of an Agile development team, you will be producing great quality code through improving and extending our Java codebase to produce real value for our customers. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity and collaboration.
You’ll be using technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS, Nginx, Terraform, Git, MySQL and Jira to develop back-end services and microservices.
We invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you through our values at VIOOH. We give 10% of your time each week to focus on self development and improvement of your skills in new areas.
VIOOH has embraced the hybrid workplace, ensuring you can work as effectively and collaboratively remotely as you can from the office.
What we'll expect from you
- Maintain, improve and extend the current software stack with new functionality, being part of a development team using Agile methodologies displaying the desire to continuously improve
- Solve business needs by building, testing and documenting software
- Work closely with technical leads to discuss solution and implementation strategy
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Conduct code reviews of fellow developer’s work
- Help us deliver best quality by improving our testing and continuous-integration system
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology to improve existing services constantly
What we want from you
- Strong experience with modern core Java 8+ development using Spring / Spring Boot
- Experienced working in a TDD or BDD environment
- Experienced designing and implementing REST APIs
- Familiar with AWS or other cloud services
- Familiar with agile software development (scrum, kanban or XP)
- Familiar with microservice architecture
- CI/CD - Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes
- Kafka or other distributed messaging systems
- System monitoring - Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus
- SQL and NoSQL databases
The successful candidate will be someone with a real passion for technology who is not afraid of any challenge. Working in a collaborative environment, you will have the courage to ask questions and to constructively challenge others.
They will have an eagerness to learn and continuously improve themselves and their skills, keeping up with evolutions in the technology industry.
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a positive experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through to your onboarding.
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.