Role Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Reports to: Head of Infrastructure and Technology
Location: Paddington, London
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
VIOOH (pronounced “view”) is a leading global digital out of home marketplace. Launched in 2018 and with headquarters in London, VIOOH’s platform connects buyers and sellers in a premium marketplace, making Out of Home (OOH) easily accessible.
Led by a team of digital OOH & programmatic tech experts, VIOOH is pioneering the transformation of the OOH sector, championing its role in enhancing omni-channel digital campaigns through the use of programmatic capabilities and data. Financially backed by the world’s #1 out of home company JCDecaux, we offer an integrated automation and programmatic trading platform, incorporating both JCDecaux and third party media sellers, as well as buyers.
We want to deliver effective programmatic OOH for our partners in an innovative and scalable way, helping advertisers make meaningful connections with consumers to ensure they get the most out of their media budgets. We love being leaders in such a fast-moving, dynamic sector and we hope you will join us in “changing the conversation” about OOH.
Working as part of VIOOH’s SRE team, the DevOps Engineer will help support and build VIOOH’s strategic platform. The SRE team has developed an environment based around AWS, Kubernetes and templated deployments and is actively working to evolve this into an automated, self-healing system that can match the pace of VIOOH’s growth.
The SRE team supports the application development and product teams in bringing solutions to production. In addition, the SRE team works as a third-line of support to applications and 24x7 operations teams to resolve issues in a fast but resilient manner.
What we'll expect from you
- Work side by side with other engineers to shape VIOOH’s infrastructure and development strategy
- Provide best practice knowledge and support across infrastructure-specific elements of VIOOH’s stack, including AWS, Linux system administration, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Generate efficient, quality deliverables, with clear supporting documentation to enable the 24x7 operations and application teams to provide first and second-line support
- Work closely with our off-shore, 24x7 support team to hand-over deployed service for them to run as first- and second-line of support
- Perform root-cause analysis to resolve complex technical issues that first- second-line support are not able to resolve, generating short-term/long-term fixes as required
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, through automation, documentation, process change, or working methods, in addition to business-generated requirements
Participate in Peer Reviews of other team members and developers
What we want from you
In depth experience working with AWS.
- Strong Linux knowledge (processes, network, storage)
- Proven experience with kubernetes and docker
- Experience defining and implementing CI/CD process
- Knowledge of Python and ideally Go
- Kubernetes, KOPS
- Terraform, Helm
- Prometheus, EFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana)
Nice to have:
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.