Vector.ai is a machine learning start-up on a mission to transform document-driven operations in the supply chain and shape the future of inter-company and ‘inter-national’ trade. An applied AI company, we’re combining bleeding-edge machine learning research with a zealous focus on the customer; everything we do - across our stack - is informed by real-world operational insights. Our customers are some of the largest companies in the world, but our ambition is to help some of the most under-served companies too.
We've recently raised our seed round from leading UK investor Episode 1 (Zoopla, Betfair, Shazam, etc.) and supply chain-focused fund Dynamo.vc.
We’re searching for a Senior Back End Engineer to work at the intersection of our machine learning and product teams. You will be involved in the technical stack across both teams, contributing to and overseeing the build and deployment of all our systems. You will work with the machine learning team to deploy models into a highly scalable, distributed system along with maintaining the rest of the stack around these models. You will also work with our full stack team to maintain services they build around the data we store and process. This role spans the spectrum across machine learning, software engineering and DevOps.
Specifically we want someone who can:
- Establish a data management pipeline to dynamically update core algorithms
- Bring machine learning systems into full production, working closely with members of the product and engineering teams
- Optimize existing implementations of machine learning models in production
- Work across and enhance our backend APIs and database tables.
- Communicate clearly, both with internal teams and customers.
Skills we expect:
- Work with python and all its modern paradigms.
- Have experience building and deploying large scale applications
- Have a very solid grasp of both software engineering and DevOps fundamentals.
Experience that would be good to have:
- Commercial experience working with web APIs and databases.
- Good understanding of MLOps practices
Generous salary and equity. Get in touch!