Hello, we're Utility Warehouse
We believe anyone can sell you utilities. We stop you having to think about them.
We bundle together all your household services - gas, electricity, broadband, mobile and insurance - into one, great value monthly bill.
We're also one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years - now a FTSE-250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. But we’re only just getting started...
A bit more about us
In two decades of phenomenal change and growth at UW, there are two things that have remained constant:
- We offer permanent peace of mind. People can switch once, be sure of great value, and never need to think about utilities again.
- We don't sell directly to people - we have 45,000 partners around the country who recommend our services to people they know.
And we give our people the platform to achieve both their professional and personal ambitions:
- We deliver quickly, keeping processes light and teams autonomous.
- We like to experiment, don’t appreciate big egos, and believe in debate, collaboration and learning.
- We don’t believe in ivory tower leadership. Our leadership team are hands-on and roll up their sleeves to mentor and support.
- We care about how we deliver and who we work with. We enjoy working on interesting problems with smart people and understand that if it was easy, it wouldn't always be fun.
We are working to make Insurance simple, easy and fair. We operate differently: we avoid price hikes at renewal, don’t charge policy adjustment fees and there is no charge (0% APR) when paying monthly.
With this fresh approach, over the last three years we’ve launched our first two general insurance products: Home Insurance and Boiler/Home Emergency. We’ve now sold 25,000 policies, are seeing industry-topping 95%+ renewal rates and our growth is rapidly accelerating.
Over the coming years we will be looking to: scale up our existing products, bring additional innovative products to market and optimise our existing supply chain to ensure we can continue to delight our customers and deliver sustainable P&L contribution.
We are looking for a dynamic, adaptable and talented individual to take responsibility for our insurance product delivery, and can learn and grow with us as we grow this exciting business.
What we’re looking for
- A proven track record of product delivery
- Experience working with and delivering financial services products
- Experience of operating in an entrepreneurial, fast growth environment
Nice to have
Experience of the insurance industry
That sounds great, but what will you be doing
- Owning the product strategy and backlog for the Insurance team
- Taking a lean, data-driven approach to prioritising and delivering experience improvements and business value
- Bringing UW customers to life and ensuring we continue to meet their needs
- Collaborating with marketing to drive sales
- Defining the outcomes we’re trying to achieve alongside owning, measuring and sharing key product metrics, impacts and learnings
You’ll love working with us if you...
- are an effective communicator
- have a passion for understanding real people’s real problems, and developing ideas and solutions based on real insight
- Are energetic and collaborative and willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in hands on delivery
- enjoy and have experience of working in a consumer facing, highly visible, delivery-focused and fast paced environment
- are highly organised, professional and detail oriented
- are also pragmatic with an ability to see commercial, customer centric solutions
- obsess over the details but also love to paint a bigger picture
- know your strengths, and recognise there’s always more to learn
- appreciate and enjoy the challenges of working in the financial services regulatory ecosystem
- are an empathetic team player who collaborates closely with others
- embrace iteration and are comfortable with change
- are motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for
Get in touch
If the role sounds like it was made for you, then do please get in touch.
And if it doesn’t but you still like the sound of UW, then drop us a line anyway - we’re hiring in all sorts of positions across the business.