Utility Warehouse is an award winning multi-utility provider, our core offering is simple: we help people get on with their lives and offer permanent peace of mind.
We're one of the UK's biggest, home-grown success stories of the last 20 years, a FTSE 250 business and knocking on the door of £1 billion in annual revenue. In two decades of phenomenal change and growth as a business, there are two things that have remained constant though:
- For customers, we offer permanent peace of mind. One bill, great value and no need to ever switch again.
- We don't sell directly to customers - we have 45,000 partners around the country who can run their own business selling our products, getting the word out, and adding that human touch.
And for our people, we offer clear opportunities to help them achieve both their professional and their personal ambitions:
- We deliver quickly by keeping processes light and enabling autonomy
- We’ve never believed in ivory tower leadership. Our leadership team are hands-on and roll-up their sleeves when needed to mentor and support.
- We encourage experimenting, don’t appreciate egos, and believe in debate, collaboration and learning.
- We care about how we deliver and who we work with, we enjoy working on interesting problems with smart people and know that if it was easy it wouldn't be fun.
Partner Product - Introduction
We don't sell directly to customers but have a network of partners around the country who champion UW and our services. Key to growing their business is the day-to-day activity of networking and building relationships. Partners meet people from different walks of life to gather leads, pick up referrals from existing UW customers, or host events in order to build their sales pipeline.
Switching all your utilities to a single new supplier in one go can appear challenging, which is why our Partners guide new customers through the set up process to guarantee a smooth on-boarding experience.
We want to make it as easy as possible for all our Partners to be successful. As they come from a variety of backgrounds and with varying degrees of technical understanding, we’re aiming to create simple tools for our Partners which make managing their business and recommending our services effortless for all - whether they’re digital natives or picking up a tablet for the first time.
We’re investing a lot in data and tooling. We want to build on that and increase our understanding of partners and their behaviour, so we can focus on the right improvements in the right areas.
An exciting opportunity to help drive growth of the UW business and improve the Partner experience through innovation, optimisation and gamification. Add exceptional value through user research, uncovering pain points and revealing what stimulates activity throughout UW’s remarkable network of independent distributors.
That sounds great, but what will you be doing?
- Owning the product strategy and backlog for the customer signup and appointment experience (Join the Club)
- Taking a lean, data-driven approach to prioritising and delivering experience improvements and business value
- Bringing UW partners as well as customers to life for the business and ensuring they’re always at the heart of how we work
- Working very closely with software engineers, UX Designers, and potentially others, as part of a cross-functional product team
- Introducing ways for your team to regularly interact with partners and get fast feedback
- Collaborating with marketing and driving innovation, connecting the dots to ensure that the brand lives up to its promise
- Involving key stakeholders across the business to drive collaboration and ensure alignment of priorities and approach
- Leveraging data and UX team to improve understanding of user behaviour
- Defining the outcomes we’re trying to achieve alongside owning, measuring and sharing key product metrics, impacts and learnings
- Helping other product teams prioritise their backlogs in order to align with and support your own priorities
- Working very closely with other product managers, software engineers, and key stakeholders across the business, as part of a cross-functional product team that is defining, shaping, and delivering live solutions for our customers
You’ll love working for us if you...
- Have a passion for understanding real people’s real problems, and developing ideas and solutions based on real insight
- Have a passion for understanding real people and their problems
- Are outcome not delivery-focussed and seek out information you need to be so
- Recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to validate them
- Develop ideas and solutions based on real insight, shape them and guide them through to brilliant execution
- Come from a product or startup background
- Obsess over the details but also love to paint a bigger picture
- Have experience of managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Know your strengths, and recognise there’s always more to learn
- Are an empathetic team player who collaborates closely with others
- Embrace iteration and are comfortable with change
- Are motivated and ambitious, both for yourself and the business you work for
What we’re offering
The opportunity to join an established but dynamic business that’s going through enormous change and still has huge growth potential.
If we achieve our business and brand goals, you’ll be one of the most sought-after creative talents in London.
A very competitive basic salary and the potential to join our option scheme - we’re still enormously ambitious and have every hope it’ll pay out for everyone.