🗺 Company Overview
No one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
At Unibuddy, we're on a mission to connect prospective students to current university students and staff. Shared experience empowers students with the information they need to make life’s first biggest decision: where to go to university and what to study.
Unibuddy's technology helps Higher Education institutions enable prospective students to chat directly with student ambassadors and staff, and to take part in online live events. We provide data tools and insights so that universities attract, engage and retain a diverse student population.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 300 Higher Education institutions in 28 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choice about their Higher Education journey.
In the next chapter of our journey, we’re looking to take a huge step forward. We're transforming our product offering. We're changing the way both prospective and current students make their life-determining decisions on a global scale. This, and our recent success, means that we need to scale. We're looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have got us so far already.
🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
As a Security Engineer in the Platform Squad you will help drive the evolution of Unibuddy's security by designing, implementing, and deploying solutions to ensure the security of our system, in order to protect the students that are using our platform to find the best option for their future. We’re looking for an enthusiastic engineer with experience in solution design, software engineering, and security to join our team in London and help accelerate our growth.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers at a high growth company and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire engineering team with significant scope for future development.
🔧 About our Engineers
- We collaborate. We program in pairs to complete sprint objectives as a team.
- We think big and act fast to solve real-world problems.
- We make the leap. We focus on personal development, learn, ask questions, apply what we discover.
- We listen up and speak out. We have a constant feedback loop and adapt.
- We work in a fast-moving agile environment.
👩🏻🔧 Your day to day tasks will be…
- Identifying, designing, and implementing continuous improvements to our solutions as the organisation and platform grow.
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organisation’s data, systems and networks.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Reporting and communication with the relevant teams.
- Quality and consistency: consistently deliver high-quality solutions and leading quality initiatives across the organisation.
- Mentorship: working with other engineers to help them to develop their skills in your areas of expertise.
- Constant Learning: Remaining up to date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products.
- Knowledge Sharing: keep the rest of the organisation up to date and well informed about these areas.
- An external point of contact: providing guidance on architecture, operations, and security issues to the wider organisation.
👨🏽💻This might be for you if…
- You understand the value of our product and want to join us our mission!
- You have great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- You have robust working knowledge of current IT risks, security implementations, and computer operating and software programs.
- You have experience in an engineering role, with exposure to DevOps, architectural approaches, and a variety of programming languages.
- You have experience of CI/CD solutions and how to operationalise these within a distributed multi-team engineering organisation.
- You have experience with cloud providers, infrastructure as code, and service-based architectures.
- You're using Docker to deliver software services into production environments or any other containerisation tools.
- You are self-motivated, hard-working, flexible, and driven with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- You encourage diversity of thought and value opinions of all engineers.
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
What's on offer
- Salary of £75k - £100k, plus stock options
- Highly flexible work culture including choice of 20% - 60% of your time 'on campus' in the London office.
Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with Yasmin, Talent Acquisition Manager at
🛂 Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.