🗺 Company Overview
We’re the #1 peer-to-peer platform for student recruitment - at Unibuddy we believe no one should have to make life’s big decisions alone.
Our technology helps improve the Higher Education recruitment journey by enabling institutions to offer prospective students real human interaction when making the tough and all important decision of where to go to university.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve grown rapidly and now work with over 400 Higher Education institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors to help fuel our expansion, and achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices on their Higher Education journey.
We’re now looking to take a huge step forward. We're transforming our product offering. We're changing the student life cycle on a global scale. And we want you to come on board. We're looking for people to help us supercharge our growth, while we continue to embody the values that have helped us reach success so far.
🧗🏾♂️ You mission...
Your mission is to co-ordinate the testability, robustness, and performance of production software whilst evangelising testing best practices to the whole team and the wider business. You will create automation testing tools and frameworks to assist the manual testing process, setting the bar for an exceptional standard of reliability and quality driven engineering across our product domain.
The engineering team is focused on personal development and you will find an environment where you can learn, apply what you’ve discovered and ship it to production every day. You'll share your knowledge with other engineers and become a mentor to them.
As we are a rapidly growing company you will gain exposure to all areas of the business, understanding the key success drivers at a high growth company and gaining invaluable experience for your future career. Success in this role will lead to opportunities for growth across the entire engineering team with significant scope for future development.
👩🏻🔧 What you'll be doing…
- Collaborate with product squads to bring the best testing practices into their workflows.
- Understand the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understand the product functionality and objectives in order to identify, implement and manage new test automation frameworks, libraries and tools across application platforms such as mobile, desktop and web.
- Maintain and expand our existing test frameworks and QA process.
- Build test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Work with deployment teams and offer input on the testability of functional elements and designs.
- Coordinate external testing resources.
- Advocate for best practices in Quality Engineering.
🔧 About our Engineers
- We collaborate. We program in pairs to complete sprint objectives as a team.
- We think big and act fast to solve real-world problems.
- We make the leap. We focus on personal development, learn, ask questions, apply what we discover.
- We listen up and speak out. We have a constant feedback loop and adapt.
- We work in a fast-moving agile environment. Our tech stack is ReactJS, Python, MongoDB and Cypress.
👨🏽💻This might be for you if…
You have a passion for designing, development, and testing and you enjoy upgrading your testing skills as tools and technologies evolve quickly.
- You have 2+ years of experience working with test frameworks on platforms that scale.
- You have exposure to automated acceptance testing (Cypress, Selenium, Detox etc.), integration testing, unit testing and deployment testing.
- You have professional experience including development, testing and deployment best practices.
- Exposure to modern development environment including Kotlin, Python, GraphQL, MongoDB and ReactJS/ReactNative
- You are self-motivated, hard-working, coachable, and driven with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- You enjoy working in a collaborative atmosphere where new ideas are valued
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
🎁 What's on offer
- Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 per annum plus stock options.
- 25 days of annual leave plus 4 additional days for the Christmas break and national holidays.
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup. If you need a desk, chair, headphones or keyboard & mouse we have you covered with our generous budget of £405.
- Learning & development budget of £1000 for books, conferences, courses, or any other ways you like to learn! With time in your working week dedicated to development activities.
- Flexible working hours because life happens!
- Bi-annual 360 performance reviews. Provide and receive extensive feedback from your manager and peers to enable your career progression.
- Socials. Team, office and company-wide get togethers (or virtual!) on us happen on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis respectively.
- Highly flexible hybrid work culture with 20% - 60% of your time in the London office.
And as an Engineer...
- Monthly squad learning days
- 2 weeks of personal project time annually. Build what you want!
- Enhanced equipment budget. We supply you with a laptop with the highest specs to enable you to work best.
✉️ Ready to apply?
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. We encourage you to send us something that showcases your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with email@example.com
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.
🛂Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.