Software Engineer/Senior Engineer
TravelNest is an Edinburgh based travel tech startup. Our product enables holiday vacation owners global exposure across 30+ top travel sites like Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, TripAdvisor at the touch of a button.
We have an ambitious goal of winning the global market and we believe that our team can build a product our customers love and use, time and time again.
This is your chance to make a real impact on our business.
We have created an open and collaborative culture with a supportive team who regularly come together to discuss technical ideas, share knowledge, and work together through code reviews and teamwork as well as hold retrospectives to discuss how we can improve.
This role is based in our Edinburgh office but will initially be remote due to Covid19. We’re open to remote candidates.
About the role
We are looking for software engineers and senior software engineers to come and join us. You will work with the engineering team to design and implement well tested product features. We are less concerned about your current tech stack since we're looking for people who enjoy solving problems and can upskill on our stack quickly. A great candidate will:
- Collaborate well with other engineers to design robust solutions to business problems and quickly diagnose issues as they arise
- Work with our product managers and stakeholders, helping to put forward solutions and raise issues ahead of time
- Uphold and champion our engineering principles within the team
- Share your knowledge to help other team members grow
Tech in TravelNest
We are building a microservice architecture consisting of both front-end and back-end components. We use the tools and languages that best help us solve our customers’ problems - a lot of Python and Node.js for our services and React with Redux for the frontend. All hosted in AWS and utilizing Lambda, Fargate and other AWS-native approaches and products. Although desirable, you don’t need experience in our exact stack, just a passion for software development and an eagerness to learn.
We practice continuous delivery to production with safety through automated tests and alerts. As engineers we take responsibility for testing, deploying and monitoring the services we build.
What we're looking for
- Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar subject at degree level
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Demonstrable programming experience
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- Strong communication skills and an appetite to collaborate cross functionally across our entire team
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for solving problems and learning
- An adaptable and flexible approach to your work is a must. We prioritise impact over everything and in an environment of uncertainty we require everyone to serve each other and work together across our stack to solve customer problems
At the senior level levels we'd be looking for:
- Experience in a startup or successful technology business
- Strong focus on continuous delivery and measuring impact
- Strong systems thinking and architectural design ability
- Experience of project leadership and stakeholder management
- Keenness to learn new technologies, improve your skills and to spread the knowledge to the rest of the team
- An ability to balance the needs of the product and manage technical roadmap/technical debt
- Previous experience mentoring or line managing other engineers
- We’re at the start of an exciting journey, there are huge opportunities to shape the future of the company together
- We offer great benefits: An attractive salary, stock in the company, remote working and unlimited holiday leave
- The chance to solve new challenges all day, every day you will collaborate to innovate and adapt new ideas
- A great working environment and the opportunity to grow our product and business together we work in a fast paced and friendly environment