Ticket Tailor is a ticketing platform that offers event organisers a simple, helpful and great value way to manage event registration.
Our mission is to be the world’s best loved ticketing platform - five million tickets are currently sold through our service every year and we have a world class NPS score. We are ranked the #1 easiest to use ticketing platform in the world (G2Crowd), #1 event registration platform in the world (GetApp) and one of the top UK companies to watch for 2021 (Capterra).
We’re fully independent meaning we don’t have to answer to anyone except ourselves and our customers, allowing us to scale the company sustainably and with soul. We're proud to be in the process of becoming B Corp certified.
The Ticket Tailor working culture is centred on growing better, not just bigger. We’re a small but stellar team who value simplicity, transparency and collaboration. We love to work with inclusive and supportive people who share our belief that a happy workplace = happy customers.
About the role:
We are looking for a React Native developer to take ownership of our event check-in software. The Ticket Tailor check-in app offers a seamless check-in experience for our organisers and their attendees, and serves thousands of events a year of up to 100,000 attendees per event. You’ll be the dedicated app developer working alongside an API developer and the rest of the engineering team.
- Take ownership of the app and manage its future roadmap
- Plan, build and deliver features to delight our users
- Seek ways to improve the reliability of the app
- Improve our release processes
- Ensure app code is of a high standard, secure, and well tested
- Contribute to engineering team in sprints and retrospectives
Helpful skills and experience:
- Experience developing apps commercially with large datasets
- Understanding of app lifecycle - release, monitoring and debugging
- Good UX understanding and appreciation of building for mobile
- Experience of testing
- Excellent communication skills and you thrive in a collaborative environment
- A positive mindset
Our tool stack:
- React Native
- Rest API
- Html, CSS
This role will suit you if...
- You enjoy working in a small, collaborative team
- You value testing your work in all forms
- You're excited about putting in place good processes
- You want to design the architecture and platform as we grow
- You value security and actively seek areas to improve
- You enjoy sharing knowledge / mentoring other developers
- You are ambitious, enjoy constantly learning, and have a growth mindset
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual bonus based on company growth
- Generous budget to set up your working environment
- Opportunity to work in a small business and get involved in more than just tech
- Equal and fair parental leave policy for all new parents
Our working values are centred around trust, flexibility and collaboration, some of the things we think are important include:
- Relaxed working atmosphere - being stressed doesn’t make you more productive
- Flexible working policy - work should fit around life as much as possible, we allow 2-3 working days from home a week and operate a core working hours policy, so you can come in a bit later or leave earlier depending on your needs
- Rest - a rested team is a successful team - we respect our evenings / weekends and we offer 25 days holiday, not including public holidays, encouraging everyone to use their full allowance
- Trust - micro-management is not our style, we encourage self-led working and celebrate autonomous thinking
- Learning- no one is a self-made expert, we invest in our team with an annual learning budget of £500 and love to share what we’re learning in our weekly team highlights meeting
- Phone screen
- Take-home tasks