About the role:
Tesco are looking for an experienced Senior UX designer to join the team responsible for our UK & international customer and colleague websites and Apps (Role is UK based) You’ll be responsible for driving UX discovery and delivery in multi-disciplinary product teams and playing a key role in helping understand how to develop and improve our design practices. Your work will have a positive and tangible impact on millions of customers.
About your team:
We are a user experience design team who create relevant, inclusive products to improve our customers’ lives and achieve business goals.
The team supports all of Tesco’s customers and store colleagues, whether it’s designing the next generation of self-service tills, optimising store processes, or supporting our drive to offer customers a truly omni-channel experience.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. We offer an amazingly talented team, great work/life balance, and significant learning and career development opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Work in partnership with Product Managers to understand and define customer problems and to build testable hypotheses that improve the customer experience
- Identify, communicate and work to mitigate assumptions and risks arising out of product discovery and design
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of customer needs and use this knowledge to inform and support product development
- Uncover new customer needs and inform Tesco’s knowledge about it’s customers
- Present and support your designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance in meeting business goals
- Engage stakeholders in research and design process through collaboration, workshops, design shares, and show & tells
- Work with others to create and establish standardised practices within the design team, including ongoing development of our design system
- Organisation, documentation of working digital assets to establish conventions and etiquette across teams and products
- Use quantitative and qualitative research and insight to inform design decisions and articulate them to the business
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and comply with W3C accessibility guidelines
- Collaborate and communicate with designers, developers, analysts, researchers and project managers across teams to produce effective multi-channel experiences.
- Review and constructively feedback on work from designers across the team
- Contribute to building and cultivating a positive, valuable team culture
- Support Associate UX designers in their day to day working, and in their ongoing development.
You will need:
- 5+ years commercial UX design experience
- A strong, well-curated portfolio demonstrating your expertise
- Prior involvement in high-profile design projects in a commercial environment
- Line management experience (or a desire to develop in this area)
- First-hand experience of agile methodologies and practice
- Able to work with and deliver personas, user journeys, page flows, wireframes, site architectures, navigation models, interface scamps, page comps, interactive prototypes, interaction guides
- Proficiency with the latest versions of the following software applications, or similar: Sketch, InVision, Miro/Realtime Board, Axure
- Proven experience designing intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Ability to use both quant and qual insight to inform decision-making
- Experience at carrying out customer research – including contextual enquiry, observation, lab research, and usability testing
What’s in it for you
An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy, Safari Books https://www.safaribooksonline.com and Pluralsight Technology Learning Platform https://www.pluralsight.com Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes
In the UK, Tesco serves some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
That's why 'Serving shoppers a little better every day' is our core purpose. As a business, serving customers is at the heart of everything we do – whether it’s in–store or online.