You will be part of the Product team reporting to the Director of Product.
As a Product Owner, you will work within the Product Team and a cross-functional delivery team in an agile environment. Your initial team will be the Client Impact Team which focuses on addressing urgent client needs, resolving incidents, and solving problems for clients through small product improvements. we’ll look for you to have work with different teams and areas of our product.
The purpose of our Product Team is to make sure the goals of our clients and users are always at the centre of product development. To do that we put our efforts into ensuring that Product is a central team of the business building strong links with all other teams.
A key purpose of a Product Owner at Spektrix is to question assumptions, find the right problems to solve and focus on the end value to deliver to our clients and Spektrix.
- Take responsibility for the prioritisation of client needs, understanding priorities with client-facing team members to ensure we solve the most important and valuable opportunities and problems.
- Collaborate with engineers and client-facing teams to spot themes of reactive issues and prioritise when to address their root causes.
- Support the delivery of a funnel of proactive Product Opportunities within your delivery team. Research & frame user needs and problems, in alignment with our business goals and product direction. Articulate this context and our users’ goals to your team to help them solve opportunities.
- Find the best ways to test assumptions and learn; gain insight from users, clients and our teams, to remove unknowns before and during development.
- Collaboratively design experiments, through which you’ll identify the opportunities and solutions that will deliver the best outcomes and move them forward.
- Work closely with the Delivery Managers and Technical Leadership to define the best way to deliver in your team
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Product Team on wider team direction and priorities, representing those within the wider business
- Clearly communicate product goals, priority, team decisions and progress and across the business, proactively informing internal stakeholders of changes and improvements as required.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
**What we're looking for **
- Have experience as a Product Owner / Product Manager or similar role in a software development team
- You’re comfortable working with Agile software delivery practices,
- You’re receptive to feedback and able to give constructive feedback
- You’re naturally curious, always wanting to find out more about systems, users and their problems, and learn new technologies and skills.
- You take a problem-first approach to everything, always making sure to ask questions and understand the context before starting work on anything.
- You’re pragmatic, able to use the right approach at the right time in solving problems and designing solutions, balancing trade offs, shifting priorities and guiding others in doing so.
- You’re able to turn ideas and information into accessible concepts to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- You’re comfortable talking to and collaborating with different audiences from Software Engineers to non-tech savvy clients, as well as internal and external senior stakeholders, adjusting your style and level of detail appropriately
- Flexible working. If it works for you and it works for your team then it works. Different teams may have different practices that require people in the office or online at specific times.
- NHS top up scheme (covering dental, optical, therapy & counselling, prescription and other health related costs)
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business
- Continuous development supported by Line manager, learning budget and 10% time
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- 35 days paid leave annually, inclusive of annual leave, bank holidays and a Birthday day off, all able to use flexibly
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Pension scheme with matched contributions from Spektrix up to 4%
- Office demo, drinks and celebrations every Friday (currently virtual)
- Varied range of regular socials (currently virtual)
- Cycle to work & Season Ticket Loans
Working from home
We aim to be as flexible as possible when it comes to working setups and lots of our team work from home on a regular basis. This means we generally work with a “remote first” approach even when we are in the office. Whether you end up working in the office or from home more you will need a good setup for working from home.
We’ll provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to get started, but we do require that you have the following already in place:
- A quiet working space at home where you can consistently take video calls without interruptions
- An internet connection that supports your participation in video calls and access to our systems and services
Spektrix is an equal opportunities employer, we recruit regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability status and look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. Studies show that women do not apply for roles unless they meet 100% of the requirements, whereas men apply when they meet at least 60% of the requirements. At Spektrix, we know that there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Spektrix is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Diversity in the workplace is hugely important to our working environment and to enable both individuals and Spektrix to thrive.
By valuing each person’s differences we enable each person to contribute their unique experiences, strengths and viewpoints. Workplace diversity is something we aim to achieve and maintain at Spektrix, and we are pursuing a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and work in. We aim to reflect this diversity in all departments and at all levels of seniority in the business, right up to the board.