About the role:
So far, we've built a platform for success. We're developing new products and enhancements that enable our partners to build a successful and scalable online hospitality brand for our next growth phase. We put our partners at the heart of everything we do and always look for ways to deliver more value to them.
As a foundational member of our team, you'll report to the VP of Engineering and help shape our culture, platform and ways of working; there will be plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
Depending on your squad, you'll work on powering our partners' online ordering and partner integrations, helping them effectively engage with their customers, manage their production plans or providing a seamless order at table experience.
We're using Elixir/Phoenix for our backend services, our UI applications use React/Typescript, and they communicate using GraphQL. We're building our systems to be loosely coupled, well tested and independently deployable.
What you'll do
- You'll work in a cross-functional agile squad that is highly collaborative, cross-functional and drives meaningful outcomes by delivering incremental value.
- You'll support and mentor less experienced team members, helping them break down technical solutions, identifying opportunities to grow and building quality into their solutions.
- You'll champion the adoption of best practices and foster continuous improvement within your team.
- You'll continuously deliver your changes to production.
- You have 3 years+ of commercial experience writing highly scalable, fault-tolerant and loosely coupled services. You appreciate how to run them in production and how to test them in isolation.
- You have worked in teams that delivered high-quality applications that provide an exceptional user experience.
- You have experience with TDD, pair programming and CI/CD, and you're able to evangelise them.
- You have experience writing well-defined, consumer-driven APIs (GraphQL or REST) and relational databases (such as Postgres).
- You can work autonomously but put team goals above your own and are willing to go above and beyond when the team needs you.
- You communicate openly and support your team with human sensitivity.
Nice to have
- You have experience writing software using a functional language, ideally Elixir. Or you are interested in learning Elixir - we’re committed to supporting you in upskilling.
- You can work full-stack - either on our frontend applications or on some of our infrastructure if needed.
- You have experience writing and maintaining integrations with third parties, ideally marketplaces or delivery applications. E.g. Deliveroo or Amazon
- You've worked with offshore teams or in a remote-first environment.
- Flexible Working - We’re committed to providing working space to ensure effective collaboration and socialisation whilst providing a balance of flexible/remote working around your daily life. The office is in Shoreditch, London. It’s there for all to safely use as and when required.
- Flexible Holiday - Take time off as and when needed. We don’t have a limit on how many days this is a year. In today’s culture, work and personal time intertwine in people's lives, and there are peaks and troughs to the year that also change each year. It’s essential you take time off when required to reset and come back with fresh ideas, energy and enthusiasm.
- Enhanced Parental Leave - We recognise that the birth or adoption of a child can be one of the most memorable events in an individual's life. That’s why we offer enhanced paid maternity and paternity leave to all of our Slerper’s. We want to support and enable parents to play equal roles in our success as a Company and nurture their families.
- Personal Development - We provide Independent and anonymous (and optional) monthly coaching sessions with our partner Sanctus. Use these sessions as you wish. We also encourage attendance at conferences and training that help with your development.
- Tools - We’ll provide you with the latest hardware and software - everything you need to be a star at the office, home, or wherever you are.
- Travel Opportunities - Travel to our offices in London and Manila and upcoming satellite offices as we expand.
- Helping you save for your future - We want to contribute towards a better future for all our employees. That’s why we offer an enhanced pension matching scheme of 5%.
We believe that diverse and inclusive teams build better products and create a healthier culture. We know that people remain at the heart of technology. We want to work with the best people with open minds, no matter their background. We do not discriminate based on race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. If you are passionate and driven about learning new things, have great experience (regardless of qualifications), we’d like to hear from you.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that individuals can apply, interview and be successful in their roles. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us to request any adjustments.