We need a Staff Engineer to join us in our Bank, London office.
As a Staff Engineer you will:
- Develop customer focused products in a culture which champions Agile, cross functional teams and continuous collaboration.
- Being hands on in developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools, and technologies.
- Working with other teams to resolve difficult technical implications that affect their projects.
- Championing Agile methodologies whilst creating amazingly useful systems in a collaborative way for our customers.
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement and driving their prioritisation.
- Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working.
What we are looking for:
- Familiarity with at least 2 programming paradigms and can mentor others in their use.
- Strong programming skills in an OOP language such as Java, Python, Ruby etc.
- Ability to break down complex technical requirements (epics) into smaller stories to avoid large monolithic deliverables.
- Ability to define a technical vision which you can share and get other tech team members to contribute to.
- Willingness to challenge us! We love people who come in and challenge us and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve.
- An advocate of engineering best practices.
A handful of things we believe in:
- Continuous delivery - we currently release software to production around 14 times a day on average.
- Cross functional teams – we believe in collaboration across the whole organisation and we see Tech and Business teams as one team working together on projects (in fact, we even have our business product owners writing code).
- Continuous innovation - we do fortnightly hackathons as one example to drive experimentation with new technologies and ways of working.
- Never chaining ourselves to a technology - using the ‘right tool for the job