We need an Engineering Lead to join us in our Bank, London office.
As an Engineering Lead you will:
- Develop customer focused products in a culture which champions Agile, cross functional teams and continuous collaboration.
- Being hands on in developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools, and technologies.
- Leading a small project team of Engineers.
- Working with small cross functional collaborative teams to drive out requirements, highlight risks and prioritise stories.
- Working with team members to identify areas for learning and helping them grow in these areas via project work, external learning, or additional mentoring
- Championing Agile methodologies whilst creating amazingly useful systems in a collaborative way for our customers.
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement & driving their prioritisation.
- Being proactive in suggesting new tools, technologies and ways of working.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of leading a small team of Engineers.
- Strong programming skills in an OOP language such as Java, Python, Ruby etc.
- The ability to challenge us! We love people who come in and challenge us and not be afraid to raise questions and help us improve.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills and strong desire to liaise closely with business teams.
- An advocate of engineering best practices.
A handful of things we believe in:
- Continuous delivery - we currently release software to production around 14 times a day on average.
- Cross functional teams – we believe in collaboration across the whole organisation and we see Tech and Business teams as ‘one team’ working together on projects (in fact, we even have our business product owners writing code).
- Agile and Lean Start-up methodologies.
- Continuous innovation - we do fortnightly hackathons as one example to drive experimentation with new technologies and ways of working.
- Never chaining ourselves to a technology - using the ‘right tool for the job.