The Covid-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on all of us. With over 680,000 self-employed people and landlords trusting us with their insurance, it’s our job to be there for our customers in difficult moments like these.
We also have a responsibility to our employees and communities, who are at the heart of all we do. Now more than ever, it’s vital that we retain our strong sense of collective purpose – keeping our people informed on changes we’re making, and taking care of their health, wellbeing, and work-life balance.
Here’s how we’re supporting our people:
- We’re fully remote, with all our people working from home, in-line with government guidance – including our contact centre workers
- We’re working flexibly and understand people need to fit work around family life and other commitments – including providing time to those who need to care for dependents. We know this flexibility helps our people offer our customers the best service possible
- We’ll give full pay for time spent on sick leave for Covid-19-related sickness
- We’re prioritising our people’s wellbeing. We provide a 24/7 employee assistance helpline and have introduced a weekly staff survey to understand how people are feeling. On top of that, we’ve secured discounted access to wellbeing apps including Unmind, Calm, and Headspace, and run virtual yoga sessions and meditation classes
- We’ll make remote working as comfortable as possible with the provision of all necessary equipment
- We’re enabling people to learn and develop by rolling out remote courses, virtual management training and free access to LinkedIn Learning
- We’ve paused recruitment for the time being – but we’ll be sure to keep you updated about future opportunities
- We're encouraging employees to use the Time Bank days we've got available for volunteering and giving back to the community. This has always been important to us and has become even more relevant during the pandemic
At Simply Business, we insure more than half a million small businesses and more than 200,000 landlords.
Beginning life as a startup back in 2005, we haven’t forgotten what it feels like to be small, or just starting out. From accountants, to beauticians, to carpenters, to developers – our expertise covers over 1,000 different trades.
Customers can buy online in minutes, with instant, individually tailored cover and access to their policy documents.
Mission: We’re committed to keeping things as simple as possible without compromising on quality, leaving our customers free to get on with what they’re good at – running successful small businesses.
Being an accredited B Corp means we measure our success by more than just our profit margin, giving equal consideration to our people, our society and our environment too.
Because we’re a pretty cool bunch! But seriously, right now we’re on an incredible journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge, and have the drive and ambition to push the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, and enjoy solving complex problems, you’ll fit right in here with us.
We invest in our teams and working culture, building a company that talented people want to be a part of. We’re smart-working, so location and flexible working hours are a given, and we regularly fund training, conference tickets and all sorts of personal development plans.
Everything we do comes down to these five values – learning, empowerment, authenticity, pioneering, and simplicity. If you’re thinking about working here, it’s worth giving them some thought as they’re at the heart of our story.
And don’t forget to ask us about our legendary hackathons and summer awards events.
Time to pick and mix from things like:
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance and memberships. We also run cycle to work, childcare voucher, and season ticket loan schemes, and our handy online form makes it easy to put in training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. Forget a simple Give As You Earn scheme (although we’ve got that too) – we trek the Sahara for charity, throw epic summer parties, and meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching, yoga, manicures, beer brewing, and lots, lots more.