A global institutional investment firm is looking for a Macro Data Engineer based in NYC, Chicago, or London.
Macro Data Engineer – Based in NYC, Chicago, or London
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with business users and platform developers to capture requirements and build a platform for data access and analysis.
- Developing a keen understanding of how data is utilized in our systems and investment processes to generate insights and produce key analytics.
- Defining and employing best practices for persistence, error detection/correction, API development, and streaming technology, with a long term view of building a team of specialists in these areas.
- Proactively seeking out areas of improvement where data access/management could be changed to improve the portfolio management & risk process.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience building high quality, fault tolerant software with a heavy focus on data.
- Strong understanding of real-time data, historical time-series data, and the intricacies of working with third party data vendors. Prior experience with Macro products is preferred but not essential.
- High proficiency with Python and the scientific Python ecosystem. Experience with C++ is a large bonus but not a hard requirement.
- Experience working in an agile environment and with development teams.
- Significant experience defining and developing a robust software development process, including but not limited to: code review, change management, design and architecture specifications, testing, continuous integration and deployment.