Rubik is the operating system for the modern company. We enable our customers to manage their business in a more efficient way by solving their problem of software and data fragmentation. The average medium-sized company today uses over 100 different applications, and keeping all of those up and running in sync requires a lot of manual work. We believe there is a better way.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a steep learning curve in an early stage software startup and deep insight into the ups and downs of starting, building and scaling a technology business.
We are currently operating in stealth mode and are funded by Village Global, the venture firm backed by some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs including Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt and Mark Zuckerberg.
You will be a key contributor to our core business automation platform, and throw yourself at different tasks and problems while driving our product roadmap. Leading a team of 5 engineers, you will create new products and features from start to finish, and you will work closely with the founders on strategic and architectural decisions to deliver a product that’s technically first-class and loved by our customers.
- Track record: You have worked for several years in tech companies or startups with good engineering culture and processes
- Highly productive with a quality mindset: you enjoy shipping new features end-to-end with corresponding UI components in a pragmatic and maintainable way. You know when to deploy a quick fix, when not to, and when to spend extra time writing tests.
- Strong sense for product and user experience: while working in a collaborative team with product owners and designers, we expect you to have a strong sense for UX, such that you feel if something is off and can flag it, or even better, improve it.
- Solid understanding of software architecture: You have experience with different technologies used across different parts of the tech stack and understand which ones to use or to avoid at a certain point in time, in order to achieve our goals in an efficient manner.
What the Job involves
- You will lead a team of high performers building a new generation of business software native to the API economy
- You will work closely with the founders on strategy and product roadmap, as well as architectural and codebase decisions that let us achieve our goals in an efficient manner.
- You will build new products and features from start to finish. In the first 6 months on the job, you will work on all of Rubik's core features, including our Identity Provider webserver (similar to Okta or Auth0), user provisioning automation, payroll and benefits automation.
- You will become an expert in the API economy. Not only will you understand the landscape of open APIs and common industry standards, but you will be able to derive value from them for Rubik and our customers, for example by forming partnerships with other software vendors
- £70-90k salary depending on experience and equity
- 3-5% equity
- Fast salary progression
A little about us: We founded Rubik with the vision to build a smarter alternative to the traditional best-of-breed approach in business software. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs run their companies more efficiently, to eradicate admin work caused by fragmentation and data silos across business systems, and to make process automation seamlessly accessible to every modern company. We are currently operating in stealth mode and are funded by Village Global, the venture firm backed by some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs including Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt and Mark Zuckerberg.
Who we’re looking for: Rubik is being built by a small group of passionate individuals united by common set of core values: curiosity, grit, meritocracy and hard work. We are looking for the kind of person who wants to join a group of forward-thinkers, all personally and professionally invested in our mission. You thrive in a collaborative environment where everyone is learning from each other and moving fast. We believe in empowering every team member in their work, giving autonomy and ownership of what they do, and we accept that we will make some mistakes in return. We want everyone at Rubik to own their story and their successes. Working with us means you are not just another cog in the machine.