Rubik is the operating system for the modern company. We enable our customers to manage their business in a more efficient way by solving their problem of software and data fragmentation. The average medium-sized company today uses over 100 different applications, and keeping all of those up and running in sync requires a lot of manual work. We believe there is a better way.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a steep learning curve in an early stage software startup and deep insight into the ups and downs of starting, building and scaling a technology business.
We are currently operating in stealth mode and are funded by Village Global, the venture firm backed by some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs including Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt and Mark Zuckerberg.
You will be a key contributor to our core business automation platform, and will be thrown at different tasks and problems while driving our product roadmap. As part of a collaborative team, you will create new products and features from start to finish, and will play a key role in our quest to deliver a product that’s technically first-class and loved by our customers.
- Highly productive while producing quality code: you enjoy shipping new features end-to-end with corresponding UI components in a pragmatic and maintainable way. You know when to deploy a quick fix, when not to, and when to spend extra time writing tests.
- Strong sense for product and user experience: while working in a collaborative team with product owners and designers, we expect you to have a strong sense for UX, such that you feel if something is off and can flag it, or even better, improve it.
- You have worked in tech companies or startups with good engineering culture and processes, but you want to move faster and take real ownership
What the job involves
- You will become a vital part of a small team of high performers building a new generation of business software native to the API economy
- In the first 6 months on the job, you will work on several of Rubik's core features, including our Identity Provider webserver (similar to Okta or Auth0) and user provisioning automation
- On top of our core technical features, you will build process automation flows which can save companies millions of hours wasted on admin. For example you will automate the new hire onboarding process that today takes several hours to complete and reduce it to a few minutes.
- You will become an expert in the API economy. Not only will you understand the landscape of open APIs and common industry standards, but you will be able to derive value from them for Rubik and our customers, for example by forming partnerships with other software vendors
- £50-70k salary depending on experience and equity
- 1-2% equity
A little about us: We founded Rubik with the vision to build a smarter alternative to the traditional best-of-breed approach in business software. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs run their companies more efficiently, to eradicate admin work caused by fragmentation and data silos across business systems, and to make process automation seamlessly accessible to every modern company. We are currently operating in stealth mode and are funded by Village Global, the venture firm backed by some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs including Jeff Bezos, Eric Schmidt and Mark Zuckerberg.
Who we’re looking for: Rubik is being built by a small group of passionate individuals united by common set of core values: curiosity, grit, meritocracy and hard work. We are looking for the kind of person who wants to join a group of forward-thinkers, all personally and professionally invested in our mission. You thrive in a collaborative environment where everyone is learning from each other and moving fast. We believe in empowering every team member in their work, giving autonomy and ownership of what they do, and we accept that we will make some mistakes in return. We want everyone at Rubik to own their story and their successes. Working with us means you are not just another cog in the machine.