We’re hiring a Full Stack Developer to work on both existing and new projects that are transforming the energy industry. You’ll be joining our friendly team at an exciting time - we have ambitious and exciting plans to transform our platform into a flexibility exchange and are looking at our first international markets.
Our ideal candidate meets many - but not necessarily all - of the below criteria:
- You have been building web applications professionally for 4+ years.
- You have experience of some, if not all, of our tech stack including VueJS, Python, Django, PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with cloud-based platforms (we have an AWS-hosted serverless infrastructure, with continuous integration and delivery).
- Knowledge of the advantages and pitfalls of microservices.
- You are a strong communicator and take pleasure from understanding complex technical concepts, and sharing them with your peers.
- You are committed to good practices for continuous delivery including code reviews, testing and documentation.
- You are fluent in English, even if it’s not your first language.
- You are motivated by Piclo’s mission to accelerate the growth of the smart energy grid and excited to join a growing team
- Experience in small startup environments.
- Understanding of the energy industry, from the perspective of suppliers, regulator or the networks.
About the role
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our existing team as we scale, maintain and improve the PicloFlex platform and deliver other new innovations in smart energy. Our software stack is comprised of a single-page app and a backend running on a serverless infrastructure.
In a typical week, you’ll collaborate with product, design and development teams to spec, build, test and deploy new features. You’ll work with our CTO and others to solve problems, triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
You’ll participate in team-led retrospectives and take an active role in shaping our production processes. As you learn the ropes, you’ll be presented with lots of opportunities to dig into the detail and contribute to technology strategy.
This is a full-time role, and we imagine you’ll work (mainly) office hours.
Our London office is in Old Street/Shoreditch (EC2A) and has excellent transport links. It’s a calm, friendly environment with casual dress, free fruit/snacks and great coffee.
You’ll have the freedom to split your time between our bright, modern office or work remotely (~2 days per week) once you’re up to speed.
We run fortnightly sprint meets for the whole company so everyone is aware and engaged with our progress. We also stop work early every other Friday for Show and Tell, where the production team demo new features in a sociable atmosphere.
An annual allowance to spend on additional equipment, training, or conferences.
We have a generous holiday allowance of 33 days, a sound setup for working from home and a flexible 35-hour working week.