We’re hiring a Frontend Developer to work on both existing and new projects that are transforming the energy industry. You’ll be joining our friendly team at an exciting time - we have ambitious and exciting plans to transform our platform into a flexibility exchange and are looking at our first international markets.
Our ideal candidate meets many - but not necessarily all - of the below criteria:
- You are familiar with Vue.js and PWAs (or interested in learning).
- You have strong instincts on what tooling to use, and when to adopt it.
- You are flexible and have a positive attitude towards mucking in with whatever the team needs on a given day
- You are comfortable working and communicating with other teammates from mixed disciplines
- You are committed to good practices for continuous delivery including code reviews, testing and documentation
- You are fluent in English, even if it’s not your first language
- You are motivated by Piclo’s mission to accelerate the growth of the smart energy grid and excited to join a growing team
- Experience in small startup environments
- Understanding of the energy industry, from the perspective of suppliers, regulator or the networks
About the role
We’re looking for Frontend Developers to join our existing team as we scale, maintain and improve the PicloFlex platform and deliver other new innovations in smart energy. Our software stack is comprised of a single-page app and a backend running on a serverless infrastructure.
In a typical week, you’ll collaborate with product, design and development teams to spec, build, test and deploy new features. You’ll work with our CTO and others to solve problems, triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues.
You’ll participate in team-led retrospectives and take an active role in shaping our production processes. As you learn the ropes, you’ll be presented with lots of opportunities to dig into the detail and contribute to technology strategy.
This is a full-time role, and we imagine you’ll work (mainly) office hours.
You’ll have the freedom to split your time between our bright, modern office in central London (Old Street/Shoreditch), or work remotely (~2 days per week) once you’re up to speed.