Perlego is building the ‘Spotify’ of Textbooks. We are making learning much more affordable, and accessible for students and employees alike by taking on the mission of building a learning eBook subscription service that gives users unlimited access to over 200,000+ professional and academic titles, for less than the price of a single book.
With a European expansion on the horizon, a brand new office space, modern Tech Stack and our latest funding round closed, we are looking for multiple new hires to come and join us on our journey. We are a team of 39 people, with 19 nationalities, and 1 office dog. We love to learn, enjoy weekly team breakfasts and have monthly team-building trips some of which have included trips to a French Chateau – a far cry from our Chancery Lane based WeWork home.
About the Role:
As a QA Engineer you will:
- Co-ordinate with your delivery squad to engage in BDD practices.
- Engage in manual and exploratory testing of web and mobile applications.
- Identify and manage defects in applications developed in the squad.
- Collect quality data and monitor team quality metrics.
- Contribute to the quality management strategy for the company .
- Degree preferred
- ISTQB qualification preferred
- Understanding of testing & experience working in an Agile environment.
- Understanding of BDD and the ability to promote them throughout the company.
- Understanding of web applications, mobile applications and test approaches.
- Required skills:
- Additional valuable skills:
- Cucumber, Gherkin, Postman, AWS, MYSQL, NOSQL, Python, Git--
We offer a fantastic workplace at the heart of Central London. We offer a competitive salary, a personal development budget, flexible work hours and the opportunity to design the way millions of students will read and learn. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
- Holiday 🌴
- 30 days (incl. Bank holidays)
- Plus a bonus week over Christmas
- Flexible Working 🏡
- Up to 2 days working from home if outside M25 or 1 Day a week working from home if inside the M25
- Development 🏋🏽♂️
- Training allowance of £500 per person year
- Access to 250,000+ books
- Community 👨👩👧👧
- Breakfast together on Monday
- Lunch every other Friday
- Regular social activities, previous highlights have included white Water Rafting, Chateau in France
- Health & Wellbeing 🏃🏽♀️
- Subsidy towards your gym / sport membership