Perlego is a learning eBook subscription that gives users unlimited access to over 200,000+ professional and academic titles, for less than the price of a single book. Our mission is to make education content more accessible and affordable and become the ‘world’s online learning library’ - a simple space where one can learn from the world’s professional and academic content.
About the Role:
We are seeking a QA Engineer to join our QA team producing test plans, test cases and automated tests working with our agile developers in our path to continuous delivery. The role will primarily involve planning and creating test cases, writing automated acceptance tests and co-ordinating with the developers to produce effective quality control measures for our engineering team.
We are looking for a knowledgeable team player able to take on a variety of test activities in our I.T team whilst promoting agile best practices. The ideal QA engineer will have a strong understanding of Selenium, Appium and API testing.
As a QA Engineer you will:
- Plan and document test cases in conjunction with the product owner and development team.
- Produce automated acceptance tests for web and mobile applications using Selenium, Appium and Java.
- Co-ordinate with the development team to create and run acceptance tests within the sprint moving us towards a BDD approach.
- Engage in manual and exploratory testing of web and mobile applications.
- Identify and co-manage defects with other QA team members.
- Collect quality data and monitor team quality metrics
- Contribute to the quality management strategy for the company
- Degree in Technical Subject
- Experience writing automated acceptance tests using Selenium with Java for web applications.
- Experience writing automated acceptance tests using Appium with Java for mobile applications.
- Experience testing working with developers within an Agile environment.
- Understanding of testing best practices (TDD,BDD) and ability to promote them throughout the company.
- Understanding of web applications, mobile applications and test approaches.
- Understanding of POM and Page Factory
- Technical skills in: Test Automation (Selenium & Appium) with Java.
- Required experience: 2 years
Additional valuable skills:
- Cucumber, Gherkin, Postman, AWS, MYSQL, NOSQL, Python, GitHub
What’s in it for you?
At Perlego we offer a fantastic workplace at the heart of Central London - in the WeWork offices in Holborn - with all the perks you’d expect from the location. We offer a competitive salary, a personal development budget, flexible work hours and the opportunity to design the way millions of students will read and learn. We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of QA Engineer but we want this role to grow with you