Perlego is building the ‘Spotify’ of Textbooks. We are making learning much more affordable, and accessible for students and employees alike by taking on the mission of building a learning eBook subscription service that gives users unlimited access to over 200,000+ professional and academic titles, for less than the price of a single book.
With a European expansion on the horizon, a brand new office space, modern Tech Stack and our latest funding round closed, we are looking for multiple new hires to come and join us on our journey. We are a team of 36 people, with 17 nationalities, and 1 office dog. We love to learn, enjoy weekly team breakfasts and have monthly team-building trips some of which have included trips to a French Chateau – a far cry from our Chancery Lane based WeWork home.
We offer a fantastic workplace at the heart of Central London. We offer a competitive salary, a personal development budget, flexible work hours and the opportunity to design the way millions of students will read and learn. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
- Equity packages and options for all employees
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off
- Up to 2 days working from home if outside M25
- 1 Day a week working from home if inside the M25
- Training allowance £500 pp per year
- Breakfast together on Monday
- Lunch every other Friday
- Regular social activities – White Water Rafting, Chateau in France
- 3% Pension contribution
What value you'll add
- Join the Dev Ops engineering team at Perlego and help implement the vision for infrastructure at Perlego.
- Administer the Perlego AWS Cloud and run support for internal stakeholders.
- Setup and configure deployment pipelines for containerised and serverless applications.
- Configure development and test environments.
- Monitor platform activity/telemetry and design appropriate auto-scaling policies.
- Co-manage cloud security, VPC, Firewall, IAM, Role-based access control.
- Run security updates, patches, platform releases and collaborate with third-party service providers.
- Engage in backup management and disaster recovery preparation.
- A Degree, preferably within a computing related subject
- Experience creating, managing and monitoring AWS cloud infrastructure and production environments
- Experience with Continuous Delivery techniques and Dev Ops best practices
- Understanding of Docker and container orchestration
- Experience of systems administration and shell scripting (Bash)
- Technical skills in: Linux, AWS, Python Container Management (Docker), Continuous Delivery, Database Management (SQL &NOSQL), Bash Scripting, Serverless (Cloud Functions)