People Matter are looking for a talented Product Designer to play a key role in helping us take our award winning intelligent wellness platform to the next level.
This is an incredibly exciting and rare opportunity to join an ambitious start-up and a growing product development team, recognised as a top 10 UK Rising Star by Tech Nation and a 'Top 100' one to watch by CogX Createch. Having proved out our offering last year with the first versions of our products, getting major clients on board and securing funding, we are now looking for our first permanent Product Designer who will help us achieve the exciting goals we have planned for our future.
We offer flexibility on your working location - see Benefits below for more detail.
You'll be creating products that help individuals and organisations beat burnout and improve mental wellbeing. This is a unique and formative time to join a start-up with ambitious growth plans - you'll be working on new ethically focused innovations being taken to market. putting data, psychology, privacy and human-centered design at the heart of what we do.
You'll be tackling diverse challenges, including designing for our app Okina — a mental wellbeing companion for individuals that employs behavioural science and psychosocial analysis of digital data (such as email, calendar and app usage) to measure and help improve mental wellbeing — and Okina Care — our mental wellbeing analytics platform for employers. You'll also be researching and designing new products to help people manage and improve their mental wellbeing.
You will play an important role in helping us to realise our ambition to create a more caring world. With this role comes the opportunity to be at the forefront of this space and be part of a technological innovation that has meaningful impact to people's day to day lives. If you're driven, hungry for big problems to solve and a creator of great things, this could be the perfect role for you.
- Own our customer centric design process end to end, across multiple projects: discovering broad and ambiguous problems through user research; ideating, designing and testing delightful and highly usable solutions; working with engineers to bring them to life; measuring their success. You'll collaborate with the team and customers throughout.
- Work with the Head of Product to develop and maintain our innovation strategy - deeply understanding our customers and their needs, formulating our product strategy and leveraging our team of industry experts to design new solutions and improve existing ones. You'll need to bring nimbleness - moving between shaping inspiring strategic priorities to being very hands-on with stuff that just needs to get done.
- Work as a proactive member of our self organising, cross functional product development team that comprises product management, engineering, QA, data science, psychology and, with you joining, design. You'll be our first full time designer - we've worked with a freelance designer previously, but it's now time get someone on board full time. You'll report into the Head of Product.
- Bring creative flair in coming up with simple, elegant solutions to complex challenges. You'll articulate your work and decisions through both excellent written documentation and conversation
- Bring flexibility and sound judgement to effectively balance customer needs, technical constraints and business goals to push for the best possible user experience.
- You have a demonstrable track record of delivering successful outcomes as Product / UX / UI Designer.
- Your portfolio and experience are diverse, ideally working across both B2C and B2B. You have experience across web and mobile first products, ideally with some in analytics dashboards.
- You have capability in the above Responsibilities.
- You can demonstrate experience organising user research and running user testing.
- You are proactive and have an unwavering attitude to get stuck in, deliver impactful experiences and step changing outcomes. You're super ambitious and not afraid of owning your work - for better or for worse - and taking on more responsibility as the company grows. It will be important for you to feel confident enough in your abilities to handle critical feedback well.
- Salary range £45,000 to £60,000 dependent on experience
- Employee share scheme
- Flexi-Fridays - dedicated to help you be at your best, you can choose a 4 day week whenever you want it (no sign off needed) or use Friday's for personal development, deep work or creative projects. No meetings.
- Flexible Working - choose where you want to work (now and in post-COVID-dominated times) - we have base in Bournemouth and London, or you can work remotely. You'll be required to attend in person team meet-up days once or twice each month in Bournemouth or London (travel expenses covered).
- £1,500 annual curiosity budget
- Team away days
- 25 Days Holiday
We exist to create a more caring world.
We are an award-winning intelligent wellness solution provider - helping people and organisations to beat burnout, build resilience and be at their best.
Our product, Okina, helps individuals manage & improve their mental wellbeing via an app alongside an analytics platform that helps organisations to understand wellbeing culture & risk factors at a macro level. We look beyond traditional subjective wellbeing measures to provide insight on more objective digital behavioural and communication data points that shed light on how healthy someone may be living and working. From this, we can provide highly personalised recommendations that feel more relevant and meaningful to help people take action on their mental wellbeing.