What the job involves
- You’ll be the 4th hire in our engineering team, working across all areas of the Penny product stack.
- You’ll be focusing on server-side automation processes within Penny, currently carried out by humans. You’ll basically be managing a fleet of robots.
- Adding features to our server (Typescript)
- Working with internal and external API’s
- Working with Firebase (Firestore/Cloud Functions)
- We like to iterate on product quickly, so you'll be part of rapid prototyping and deployment.
- As an early hire, you'll have a huge amount of influence on the product's direction, and an opportunity to see how the whole business works. You’ll also be involved in building out the engineering processes we adopt as a growing team.
- You have 2+ years' experience working with Node, Typescript, and server-side applications.
- You've had experience with automation libraries like Puppeteer
- You’re a hacker who loves finding out how stuff works.
- You are a fast learner. We don’t need you to be a super-experienced engineer; we’ll bet on talented people that learn fast.
- You are a problem solver. We’re building systems that have never existed before in financial services, so you’ll hit many roadblocks.
- You are flexible. We’re a fast-growing startup; iterating on process all the time. You’ll need to be able to thrive in flux.
- You have an ownership mentality. Joining Penny early means you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we build the company.
- Generous stock options 💷 – joining Penny early means you’ll have a lot of responsibility and the chance to own a slice of the company.
- Remote work 🌍 – we’re a distributed company. You can WFH, or we’ll cover the cost of a co-workspace (if that’s more your thing).
- Flexible hours ⌚️ – manage your own time. Apart from key meetings, you’re free to work the hours that make sense to you.
- Gear 💻 – a new MBP and whatever accessories you'll need to excel in your role.
- 33 days holiday (inc Bank holidays) 🏖
- A great pension (of course!) 💰
- Simplicity – this is our product North Star
- Think differently – we innovate everywhere
- Optimism – we believe we can change the future (of a massive industry)
- Transparency – we overcommunicate
- Fun – we’re enjoying ourselves, doing our best work