We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on simplifying and accelerating the legal portion of any property transaction using technology. This is a pivotal and exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. Despite the unprecedented challenges facing early stage businesses, we have recently closed our seed round (£3.3m in April 2020) with the backing of the very best early stage venture capital funds in Europe (including LocalGlobe and Seedcamp) alongside strategic investment from some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (JLL, Starwood Capital and Investec).
To become the universal risk rating for land and property, replacing a 150-year-old legacy process of manual due diligence - an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
We are looking for a passionate and diligent data engineer to join the Orbital Witness team in building a greenfield SaaS product based on machine learning (especially natural language processing) for a universal risk rating for land and property.
You’ll own the end-to-end development of our data pipelines, including the creation of a new data warehouse to support analytical queries as well as machine learning applications. You’ll be involved in every stage of the development lifecycle; from discovery and design, through implementation to deployment, maintenance and improvement. You will be supported by a cross-functional, collaborative and growing team in delivering high-impact services.
You will get the chance to:
- Take ownership of key technology decisions and lay the groundwork for the company’s ambitious growth plans
- Develop, test, refactor, deploy, maintain and support production software
- Collaborate with a cross functional team (product managers, designers, software engineers and data scientists) to define user stories and implementation details of functional and non-functional requirements
- Participate in architecture and code reviews to continuously improve the quality, maintainability, security and scalability of our applications
You should apply if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) or equivalent technical experience;
- Proven experience with Python and SQL
- Worked on Apache Airflow-based data warehousing and ETL systems
It would also be nice if you have:
- Experience productionising machine learning pipelines at scale
- Used some of the following: Stitch/Fivetran, Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, and AWS services like S3, Kinesis, Lambda, SageMaker
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems
- Built highly secure, fault tolerant APIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Previously worked with infrastructure like Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven experience with modern development practices like TDD, 12 Factor, CI/CD
What’s on offer:
- Competitive starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity options in a fast growing start-up
- Flexible working hours and location; should you choose to work from home or need a change of scenery for a few days you will have access to 40+ TOG offices in London and even more around the world
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Professional equipment and personal development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop your skills
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- An inclusive community enjoying all-company offsites, lunches and socials
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising