We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000+ phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since 2020), the last couple years have seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a brilliant Senior Product Designer to join our multidisciplinary team and help us create intuitive experiences that delight our users.
You will have the customer front of mind and you love insights, data and research. You’re happy to work as part of a wider team but also relish taking ownership of projects. You’ll have experience in delivering quality designs – from concept to execution, across all platforms with high level attention to detail. Highly organised, you're able to juggle multiple projects and have the ability to work to given deadlines. You’re a good communicator who’s able to articulate ideas and concepts clearly.
Reporting to the Product Design Director you will play an important role within the Product Team and be part of a wide range of projects across all digital platforms.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing usable, meaningful and enjoyable experiences for our users that represents our brand across all platforms including apps (iOS and Android)
- Taking ownership of key challenges, understanding what is needed to improve customers’ journeys across their whole eCommerce experience
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product owners and other designers, to ensure a consistent, integrated brand and user experience
- Rapid design concepts for exploration & validation Partnering with Creative, product owners and engineers to oversee the UX of a product from conception to launch
- A vocal, active member of the team to ensure we are constantly raising our standard of work
- Building strong and aligned relationships with commercial, engineering, creative, research and insight teams
- Championing Product Design best practices throughout the business
- Mentor other Product Designers
Some key skills and experience you'll need:
- An well designed portfolio that demonstrates your process and design skills
- Strong experience designing for native apps, mobile web and desktop from initial concepts to high fidelity visual design and interactions
- Good Experience in the e-commerce or online marketplace space
- Strong understanding of user centered design and usability principles
- The ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Ability to assess and interpret business and user needs (e.g. business goals and requirements, product roadmap, and end user research
- Deep understanding and experience of design thinking, product discovery, UX research methodologies, and the full end-to-end design process
- Extensive experience using a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Zeplin and Axure
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and other front-end web technologies considered a plus Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment
- Ability to think at a high level about product - not only 'how it should look' but 'how it should work’
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work... well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. We’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a 2:3 hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week, and visit beautiful Richmond twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamNOTHS. Plus, for 2022 we’ve begun trialling fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun). #teamNOTHS
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. We really care about diversity and inclusion, and while filling this survey out is completely optional, it’s really appreciated and will only be used to help us figure out how to make our team(s) even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us!
Apply to join #teamNOTHS
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.