We are notonthehighstreet. Home to over 5000 of the UK’s best small creative businesses, we have been changing the online retail landscape since 2006. Whether you’re working with our Partners to help grow their business, or behind the scenes developing code, we are continuously innovating & working on some really cool stuff all at the same time. And the best bit? We’re making a difference to our Partners’ lives as we do it.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Analyst to join our Insights and Analytics team to help us and our partners continue to grow by supporting a data driven approach to our decision making in product and UX.
Reporting into the Head of Data, you and your team of analysts will collaborate with our product managers and UX designers to learn how our digital products can better meet the needs of our customers.
Some of the Things You’ll Be Doing
- Prioritising which customer needs we focus on should be a data driven process. To support this, you’ll analyse customer behaviour on our app and digital platforms for the purpose of generating insights and testable hypotheses
- To ensure the features we’re building are fit for purpose, we take a rigorous approach to evaluating performance. By analysing and interpreting the results of testing and optimisation experiments in a statistically and scientifically sound manner you’ll aid in this process
- Staying organised and providing transparency to the rest of the business on our work is critical to the team’s success. You’ll manage and mentor mid level and junior analysts with respect to generating insights, reporting, and completing team objectives
- The product analyst team has several streams of work, and we need to ensure that new work is identified early and managed efficiently. You’ll collaborate with product, UX and your team to identify, design, and iteratively improve workflows and processes
Some key skills & experience you’ll need…
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with a significant quantitative component (e.g. mathematics, computer science, physics, economics)
- Several years of experience working as an analyst using business intelligence tools including SQL (Redshift, Snowflake, or similar), Tableau (or similar), and Google Analytics (or similar)
- Significant experience with A/B testing tools (e.g. Optimizely, SiteSpect, VWO)
- Significant experience defining and delivering insights and analysis for digital products
- Experience running, and iterating on, operational processes with the aim of improving productivity
- Experience managing and mentoring junior analysts
- Clear and succinct presentation skills
- …and some other skills & experience that would be a bonus
- Experience working in an ecommerce marketplace business
- Statistical/probabilistic knowledge of hypothesis (A/B) testing
- Experience with the typical Python machine learning stack (numpy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn etc.)
- Experience of Agile/Lean working practices
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement will increase an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
Add in our in-office massages, yoga sessions or the abundance of free fruit, you can see that we want our people to feel good inside and out.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business - reach out and apply today!
Assuming you’re a good fit for the role, we’ll set up an initial call with our Talent team. After that, there’s a short technical phone interview, followed by a technical challenge and finally, a remote (Hangouts) interview focused on cross-team collaboration and our Team NOTHS values.