We are now mid-way through building a new modern microservices architecture-based platform. Using cutting edge technologies and different languages (React, Next JS, GraphQL, AWS ECS, Lambdas, Java 11 and Swift for iOS to name a few), over the last 12 months we’ve launched new mobile first & native app checkouts and an Android app, delivered a new search function and replatformed a new modern basket service, and are now in the process of moving all of our services to AWS Elastic Container Service.
But there’s still lots to do. With a focus on learning, development, best practices, agile ways of working and team autonomy, we’re looking to grow our strong internal tech team even further. Which is where you come in…..
As a Senior Ruby/Full Stack Engineer, you will join one of our engineering teams enhancing the experience for our Partners, customers and internal users.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Writing, testing and maintaining quality code
- Working with a small, empowered cross-functional team to deliver business value
- Making a significant contribution to defining, maintaining and improving our architecture and best practices
- Providing support for other team members through code review, pairing and mentoring
- Be part of our success and make a difference
Some key skills and experience you’ll need
- Relevant commercial experience writing Ruby on Rails code
- Exposure to Cloud Technologies (preferably AWS)
- Keen software engineering approach and very good object-oriented design ability
- Desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
- Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
- TDD and functional programming
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Champion of modern development practices and tools, e.g. Continuous Delivery with Jenkins, Source Control with Git, AWS Infrastructure etc
- Previous e-commerce experience would also be beneficial
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in October (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a hybrid working week.
So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths.
Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).