This role offers the opportunity to help build the world’s leading fan-to-creator business in audio. As a Royalties Analyst you will have the chance to help artists, songwriters, labels and publishers who get played, get paid.
Our ideal candidate has worked at a digital streaming music service, providing reporting work and communication across both label, publisher, PRO and mechanical rights organisations.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, liaise with external rightsholders, and handle various tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude. If you are interested in making an impact, driving audio culture forward, and helping creators around the world earn a living from their craft, come join us!
At Mixcloud, our purpose is to amplify culture and community. We operate a fair and legal audio streaming service that supports creators to share their passions. We recently launched Mixcloud LIVE, which is solving real challenges for creators who want to stream legally and monetise online.
We are home to a unique catalogue of 50 million DJ mixes, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by the world’s finest DJs, online radio stations and cultural tastemakers. Our mission is to get more fans directly supporting creators and build a more sustainable future for audio culture. We want to see a world where everyone can create sustainably and connect deeply. Beyond the algorithm, human to human.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Generate insights and reports for both internal use, and external rights holder partners
- Confidently execute SQL and Redash queries to identify applicable data sets
- Help the reporting team deliver timely reports to partners
- Be the first point of contact for technical communication with partners
- Help cross-check reports generated by Mixcloud’s reporting system alongside our accounting and operations departments
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledge or experience in music licensing and royalties
- Experience communicating with rights holders and providing business insights
- 2+ years experience working on reporting
- Self-starting with a bias towards outcomes as opposed to activity.
- Technical aptitude through education or experience; able to evaluate different approaches to implementing processes
- You are a strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into relevant, actionable steps.
- Accustomed to working to deadlines
- Able to communicate precisely and clearly with engineers
- You are passionate about Mixcloud and creating connected communities.
- Experience working for a digital streaming app
- Engineering / Mathematics/ CS background: You are able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
We live the culture we champion. We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers. We offer a great benefits package that includes unlimited holiday, stock options, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks. Wellness at work matters to us, and our team also organises meditation sessions, yoga and a running club.
This is a London based position.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.