We are looking for a Python engineer with experience dealing with data at scale. You have strong knowledge of Python and SQL, and ideally some experience with data processing technologies such as Apache Spark.
Mixcloud is a music platform that takes care of paying royalties on millions of tracks. This requires precise processing of a large amount of data. We have a large user base and a long tail of user uploaded mixes, but a small development team with a flat and flexible structure. This means you'll have the opportunity to learn new skills in new areas, and that the work is generally diverse and interesting.
Our existing reporting pipeline uses Luigi, BigQuery, Cloud Dataproc and GCS, so experience with these technologies would be very helpful. Alternatively, experience with Django (or a similar python web framework) is also a big plus, although web experience for this role is not strictly required. We ingest revenue data from Stripe and track data from DDEX deliveries and Gracenote.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have strong knowledge of Python
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of Git and unit-testing
- Technical aptitude through education or experience; able to evaluate different approaches to implementing processes
- You are a strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into relevant, actionable steps.
- Accustomed to working to deadlines
- Able to communicate precisely and clearly with non-engineers
Nice to have
- Experience with Cloud Dataproc / GCS / BigQuery or other data warehouses.
- Experience writing and debugging Apache Spark jobs, possibly with pyspark.
- Experience working with DDEX formats such as DSR.
- Experience working with revenue pipelines, payment calculations and VAT.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build, maintain and operate the reporting tools and processes required to compensate the artists that get heard on Mixcloud.
- Communicate with, and integrate external 3rd party systems such as DDEX.
- Deliver timely reports to all our external rightsholders, being label, publisher, PRO and mechanical rights administration partners.
- Liaise and collaborate with external rightsholders on technical engineering matters.
- Work with the music licensing team to process requests from external rightsholders.