Reporting to the Head of Product based in London, the Product Manager will be instrumental in Mixcloud’s commitment to championing creators, artists and the music industry – fairly and sustainably. You will have the opportunity to serve 20 million users and also be supported by world class mentors.
Sitting on our product team of 20, you will help build and grow Mixcloud’s core product capabilities such as live streaming, listener and creator tools, content search and discovery or community engagement features. You will own the full product cycle for a part of the Mixcloud platform: from ideation through to launch and ongoing performance analysis. If you are a self starter, analytical, can manage cross-functional teams and have a passion for music, live streaming events, or audio culture, this opportunity is for you.
At Mixcloud, our purpose is to amplify culture and community. We operate a fair and legal audio streaming service that supports creators to share their passions. We recently launched Mixcloud LIVE, which is solving real challenges for creators who want to stream legally and monetise online.
We are home to a unique catalogue of 50 million DJ mixes, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by the world’s finest DJs, online radio stations and cultural tastemakers. Our mission is to get more fans directly supporting creators and build a more sustainable future for audio culture. We want to see a world where everyone can create sustainably and connect deeply. Beyond the algorithm, human to human.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work closely with design and engineering to drive innovation, productivity and quality while iterating on the product until project goals and growth targets are met
- Manage and track the engineering development progress, project plans, and timelines to deliver high quality products
- Product ownership of specific workstreams, including backlog grooming, triage and prioritisation, and cross-functional coordination
- Work on all platforms of the product: Android, iOS, Desktop Web and Mobile Web
- Identify product and project issues and potential solutions or escalate to avoid project delays
- Align and motivate the team to deliver a best-in-class user experience
- Identify gaps in existing workflows and recommend new procedures as needed
WHO ARE YOU?
- Demonstrated experience managing cross functional teams, preferably in a consumer internet company
- Ability to leverage people, process and tools to build and launch products
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and communication skills, and are very detail oriented
- Prior experience working in a fast paced startup environment
Nice to have:
- Prior experience building payments, ticketing, live streaming or real-time interaction products
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile workflow including all ceremonies
- Experience nurturing a community or working within a growth team
- You are able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
We live the culture we champion. We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers.
We offer a great benefits package that includes unlimited holiday, stock options, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks. Wellness at work matters to us, and our team also organises meditation sessions, yoga, a running club and strong opportunities for personal development.
This is a London based position.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.