We’re looking for a detail-oriented frontend engineer with an eye for design to work across multiple platforms and help develop our audio streaming and live streaming platform. Sitting on our product team of 20, you will help develop, improve and evolve the look and feel of our platform. We have tens of millions of users across web, mobile-web, android, ios, chromecast, apple tv and more.
At Mixcloud, our purpose is to amplify culture and community. We operate a fair and legal audio streaming service that supports creators to share their passions. We recently launched Mixcloud LIVE, which is solving real challenges for creators who want to stream legally and monetise online.
We are home to a unique catalogue of 50 million DJ mixes, radio shows and podcasts handcrafted by the world’s finest DJs, online radio stations and cultural tastemakers. Our mission is to get more fans directly supporting creators and build a more sustainable future for audio culture. We want to see a world where everyone can create sustainably and connect deeply. Beyond the algorithm, human to human.
The Team: We're an agile, driven and entrepreneurial group of creatives and technologists committed to helping each other grow. We care deeply about providing engineers the space to evolve and encourage self-starters. If you are interested in making an impact, driving audio culture forward, and helping creators around the world earn a living from their craft, come join us!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop, prototype & optimise existing & new features
- Write, review and document code in various languages and frameworks
- Design front-end solutions as well as continuously improve our offering
- Propose UX improvements
- Collaborate with the design and content teams to implement and develop designs through to functional web apps
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve the product quality.
- Engage in healthy dialogue around product briefs and provide feedback.
WHO YOU ARE
- Excellent knowledge of CSS and styling is essential.
- A passion for creating quality user experiences
- An attention to detail and a keen interest in the visual side of UX and UI
- Pro-activeness in finding ways to improve collaboration between engineers and designers
- Familiarity with the following technologies: React, Git, testing
- An interest and enthusiasm for technology and design
Nice to have
- Experience with Mobile: design/layout considerations, performance, stability
- Familiarity with StyledComponents, Relay, GraphQL, Continuous Deployment, Storybook
We live the culture we champion. We’re a culturally active bunch, with many of us pursuing our passions as DJs, producers, radio hosts, promoters or creatives. We host DJ lessons in the office, cater weekly lunches and host social team mixers.
We offer a great benefits package that includes unlimited holiday, stock options, flexible working, a healthcare plan and a kitchen packed with healthy snacks. Wellness at work matters to us, and our team also organises meditation sessions, yoga, a running club and strong opportunities for personal development.
Mixcloud is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.