We are looking for an experienced Software developer (python) to join our team. You must have strong critical thinking skills and be motivated by building products that make a significant, real-world impact.
Your responsibilities will include working in a small team to design, build and test the backend and front end of an industrial application using Python, Angular 6, and PostgreSQL. The preferred candidate has experience building product features based on designed mockups and user stories.
The role is available to start immediately and is remote.
- 2+ years production experience with Python
- Experience with (or willingness to learn) Flask, Angular 6, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, Jenkins, Git
- Solid knowledge of software best practices including design patterns, unit testing, version control, Scrum, etc
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills. Able to disseminate complex topics in simple language
- Reliable, fast internet connection
Metis Labs is optimising the manufacturing of products that millions of households use every day. Our mission is to empower all factories in the world to achieve six-sigma process performance (99.99966% free from defects)
We’re a London-based startup developing an AI software product - Kelvin - which allows factory operators to better understand how their manufacturing processes really work and automate improvement actions. The result? Less industrial waste, more energy efficiency. In one factory alone we estimate a reduction of over 450 tonnes CO2e per year.
Considering the industrial sector uses ⅓ of the world’s natural resources, we believe this is a really important mission, and we are working with some of the world’s largest manufacturers to make it happen.
Our team has developed a new and exciting full-stack industrial product which:
- Makes it easy for users to install industrial vision systems for data capture and defect detection
- Provides them with a suite of analytics tools from simple statistical through to advanced machine learning
- Uses AI to design optimised control algorithms for certain closed-loop process control applications
We are now taking steps to rapidly commercialise this technology. You can find out more at www.metislabs.tech