Meltwater is looking for full-time JavaSoftware Engineer to join Meltwater's AI and Data Science organization. You will be joining a team of 70+ engineers, product designers, and data scientists across the world and help us building the next generation AI-driven insights platform.
We are looking for candidates based in one of the following countries: United Kingdom, France, Germany, Hungary, Sweden. The post can be fully remote.
Good honours degree in Computer Science
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze use cases and requirements, plan and estimate work efforts.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software components of high quality.
- Take full ownership of the developed technology together with the team.
- Being part of our on-call rotas.
- A self-starter attitude, capable of taking the initiative and prepared to adapt to fast-changing requirements.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge and expertise with the team.
- Good problem solving and software engineering skills.
- At least 2 years of professional experience with Java/Kotlin/Scala:
- Core Java, Data Structures and Algorithms, Multithreading
- Performance optimisation, Memory and CPU management
- Testing frameworks (e.g., JUnit)
- Dependency Management (e.g., Maven, Gradle)
- Deployment of Java applications in the cloud
- At least 2 years professional experience with front-end frameworks (e.g., Angular, ReactJs).
- Knowledge of micro-service design and implementation.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Experience with Agile development.
Good to have :
- Experience with distributed and high-volume messaging systems (e.g., Kafka).
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts such as continuous Integration and Deployment (e.g., Drone.io, Jenkins), containerisation (Docker), infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Cloudformation).
- Experience with Kubernetes application development.
- Private Healthcare Plan (Aviva)
- Cashback Health Plan (Health Shield)
- Pension Plans (Creative Pension)
- Work From Home / Hybrid workplace
- Training & Development
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Stock Option Plan