At MarketFinance, our vision is for entrepreneurs to have the time to build the world we all want to live in. Frictionless access to funding helps make that happen. So, we provide entrepreneurs with the right business finance to solve their cash flow issues that get in the way of progress.
Our smart online platform was built from the ground up with entrepreneurs in mind, Over the last 10 years we’ve continued to innovate and enhance our products and services enabling us to gain investment from Barclays Bank, Santander Innoventures and Northzone (the investors behind Spotify, Zettle and Trustpilot) and others. But it’s not all about technology, one of our biggest assets is our team of bright, talented and motivated people from all over the world. It’s one of the things our customers rave about on Trustpilot, and one of the best things about working here.
We're a team of bold and adaptive thinkers who have the courage to challenge and improve access to finance. We are one team, working together to help power up small businesses.
Our company values are:
We're focused on getting the important stuff done first. We don't get bogged down in long emails and lots of meetings, we find solutions (they're out there!) and get it done!
The only constant is change: we embrace change and learn. We ask and listen for feedback, and always provide it too.
We always put the whole company first - when we succeed collectively, we all succeed individually. Everyone has a voice, we listen to each other's opinions.
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketFinance moment:
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll make it your business to understand what our customers actually care about. You’ll quickly progress to leading customer research and interviews, and understand what’s happening in the market. Overall, you’ll know more about our customers than anyone else in the business.
You’ll ensure good feedback loops are in place and create a roadmap that supports your squad’s goals. We’ll trust you to assess the strategic and technical impact of projects – bringing in data, customer feedback and whatever else you need to backup your decisions.
The role will report into our Product Owners, and also work horizontally across our technology, commercial, risk management and operations teams. There will be many opportunities to step up and run an existing product squad or lead a newly created squad launch.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the Tech team to get buy-in for your squad’s roadmap and communicate the outcomes back to your area. This is a fast-paced environment with lots of moving pieces, so you’ll need to be flexible and quickly adapt your style based on the stakeholder group.
You can read more about our company product roadmap here: https://marketfinance.com/blog/careers/2021/06/03/
Key attributes for a successful candidate:
- Empathy: be able to listen, ask questions and easily put yourself into the shoes of our customers and internal teams. Understand how customers are solving their problems at the moment and how we can drastically improve the experience.
- Strategic thinking & Project Management skills: be able to come up with a good plan to get things done. Make sure we roll out impactful features fast.
- Data-driven: back up projects with data and follow through to make sure they’ve resulted in big customer impact.
- Passion for our mission: keen interest in helping businesses access the finance they need to manage cash flow as we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Able to produce quality product requirements while working closely with the product designers and other product managers/leads across the board.
- Work very closely with the engineering team to ensure timely delivery of the product features.
- Build and manage product backlog that is aligned to core business objectives
- Coordinate and work closely with other Product Owners and business functions like Risk, Finance, Ops, Sales.
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. Things move quickly in FinTech and that’s all part of the adventure. Our benefits include:
- Hybrid working model with split between office and remote working with a new 45 day per calendar year work from anywhere policy launch in September 2021.
- Competitive salary and best-in-class share options scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Enhanced parental leave
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited e-books expense policy
- Training budget
- Pension contribution of 4%
If you’re ready to help businesses build the future APPLY NOW!
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
Our commitment to you
MarketFinance is constantly working to maintain and improve our inclusive, friendly workplace. We ensure that both applicants and our people receive unbiased treatment without discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or any other protected characteristic.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit our website at https://www.marketfinance.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org