At MarketFinance, our vision is for entrepreneurs to have the time to build the world we all want to live in. Frictionless access to funding helps make that happen. So, we provide entrepreneurs with the right business finance to solve their cash flow issues that get in the way of progress.
Our smart online platform was built from the ground up with entrepreneurs in mind, Over the last 10 years we’ve continued to innovate and enhance our products and services enabling us to gain investment from Barclays Bank, Santander Innoventures and Northzone (the investors behind Spotify, Zettle and Trustpilot) and others. But it’s not all about technology, one of our biggest assets is our team of bright, talented and motivated people from all over the world. It’s one of the things our customers rave about on Trustpilot, and one of the best things about working here.
We're a team of bold and adaptive thinkers who have the courage to challenge and improve access to finance. We are one team, working together to help power up small businesses.
Our company values are:
We're focused on getting the important stuff done first. We don't get bogged down in long emails and lots of meetings, we find solutions (they're out there!) and get it done!
The only constant is change: we embrace change and learn. We ask and listen for feedback, and always provide it too.
We always put the whole company first - when we succeed collectively, we all succeed individually. Everyone has a voice, we listen to each other's opinions.
Hear from our Co-Founder, Anil Stocker, on his favourite MarketFinance moment: https://medium.com/@anilstocker/my-favourite-momen...
MarketFinance launched a business loans product which has grown rapidly over the past 18 months with total funded exceeding £125 million. We also recently launched a Flex Loans product which helps business with working capital to purchase stock or make supplier payments on time. We were one of the first Fintech lenders to be approved under the British Business Bank Covid Business Interruption Lending Scheme (“CBILS”) and saw huge demand for our products throughout the pandemic.
We are now looking for an experienced product leader to drive the next phase of scaling for our digital lending products. This will involve evolving our loans product under the new Recovery Loan Scheme, and also driving adoption and growth for normal lending as we emerge from the Covid-crisis. You can read more about our company product roadmap here: https://marketfinance.com/blog/careers/2021/06/03/...
A Head of Product will have complete ownership for a product line and work within a cross-functional business unit (called a "squad"). This comes with responsibility for key customer, growth and financial metrics. You will work closely with the entire leadership team given the importance of product development to our company success.
- Own the entire customer discovery, product roadmap, prioritisation process and key output KPIs including the P&L for one of our lending products within MarketFinance
- Own the product strategy, namely target customer, market sizing, segmentation, product positioning, acquisition channels, pricing, funding, and risk frameworks
- Identify customer problems, ensure we are 100% customer centric, ensure our product decisions are data-driven
- Define & track product-specific goals and metrics and ensure they are aligned to business goals.
- Own the product proposal process in your squad, set impact metrics, and make decisions.
- Communicate widely to the whole company why we are prioritising certain product features and updating against impact metrics and which features have been most successful.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure timely delivery of the product features.
- Coordinate and work closely with other Head of Products and business functions like Risk, Finance, Operations, and Commercial.
- Great at prioritising the most impactful projects for our customers, while cutting out the noise that often gets in the way
- Strong customer discovery and validation skills
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Passionate about evolving our products to delight our customers
- Strong manager of people from across a wide range of backgrounds
- Experience in launching and delivering complex products that have demonstrated growth and scale
- Passionate about how fintech can help many small businesses manage their cash flow as we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic
- Some history working on fintech or financial solutions (such as lending / cards / payments) would be useful in the role
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. Things move quickly in FinTech and that’s all part of the adventure. Our benefits include:
- Hybrid working model with split between office and remote working with a new 45 day per calendar year work from anywhere policy launch in September 2021.
- Competitive salary and best-in-class share options scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Enhanced parental leave
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited e-books expense policy
- Annual training budget
- Pension contribution of 4%
If you’re ready to help businesses build the future APPLY NOW!
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
Our commitment to you
MarketFinance is constantly working to maintain and improve our inclusive, friendly workplace. We ensure that both applicants and our people receive unbiased treatment without discrimination on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or any other protected characteristic.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit our website at https://marketfinance.com/terms-and-conditions
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com