MAGIC is an elegant home health coach that uses computer vision, connected weights and 3D cameras to deliver personal training by the world's best athletes at home.
MAGIC is the first in the world to allow users to perform exercises in front of an intelligent hologram mirror which uses our own custom computer vision software to correct real-time form, rep count, and give live feedback to give a completely hyper-personalised workout. We have combined this with our patent-pending dumbbells and co-created workout content with the world's leading athletes.
Similar to how Masterclass.com has done for the higher arts, we enable anyone to be coached by the world’s best in sport, strength, yoga, boxing, dance etc. Users get 1:1 hyper-personalised tracking and feedback as if being personally trained + corrected by them -- but without having to pay £100s a week in typical personal training fees.
We are stocked in Selfridges, were named Techround’s #1 IoT startup 2021 and were recently backed by Virgin Startup.
We are venture capital backed by leading multi $billion VC funds who also invested in unicorns: Grover, Scalapay and Onfido as well as the founders/angels from Spotify, Stripe, Facebook, Hopin and Tough Mudder.
About the Role
We are looking to hire our first computer vision engineer to form a crucial part of our founding team. Our technical development is currently being managed by an external agency. Working alongside our product manager and other members of the tech team, we will be rebuilding this app in-house using the Android system.
What is Involved
- Communicate regularly with the technical agency to fully absorb and understand what they have done so far.
- Work alongside our co-founder in phasing out our agency’s involvement in the product.
- Work extensively with the MediaPipe product to leverage Pose coordinates provided by the library.
- Focus on algorithm design for analysing and comparing outputs of image processing.
- Help out with the Android build if/when analysis algorithms are complete/waiting to start the next sprint.
- Collaborate with our product manager to ensure technical and product requirements are understood and executed on
- Ensure smooth release of a new feature including coordination and communication with Customer Support and Marketing
- You don’t need to be a regular gym goer, but you should be fired up about building technology that's going to change how people sweat!
- 2+ years working with Computer Vision technology
- Familiar with Android and coding in Java OR Python
- Experienced with GIT version control
- Experience using MediaPipe or other similar machine learning models, ideally pose estimation.
- Experience working in technical engineering teams.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially the ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders clearly and vice versa.
- Exceptional written communication skills and experience writing product documentation.
- Experience working on an agile scrum team.
- Experience working with Trello and other Atlassian tools.
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously.
- Constant attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Can commute to the London HQ regularly during the week. You will need access to the physical product at times. In any given week, this could be every day or just 1-2 days. It depends on the current project.
**Nice to Haves **
- Experience in both Python AND Java
- Knowledge of correct form for strength training exercises e.g. squats, deadlifts
- Have experience as a leader, particularly in a tech team
- Experience working with consumer products
- Experience in health and fitness, gaming, or other related fields
- Spent time working closely with technical agencies, particularly in phasing out their involvement.
- Competitive salary.
- Share Options in the company so you own what you build
- An impact from day one. Our business is scaling by the day. You'll work on ambitious projects, and your contribution will significantly impact the success of MAGIC now and in the future.
- Unlimited Holiday (self-directed time off)
- Flexible Home and Hybrid Working from our London HQ whenever the project allows.
- Well-being support. We’re committed to supporting both physical and mental well-being through a variety of initiatives designed to help you feel your best.
- Hardware budget for a brand new Macbook or other tech tool.
- Personal wellbeing budget to invest in yourself.
- Personal development budget to invest as you wish.
- All. The. Fun. We regularly organise awesome socials.