Welcome to Loveshark! On a mission to be the number one social gaming platform for Gen Z girls.
We're a team of creative, kind and slightly quirky people building the future of social games. We believe that the old stereotype of a "gamer" is outdated and we are here to shake up the norm and break boundaries. We use technologies like augmented reality and computer vision to create weird and wonderful things. Our people are at the heart of what we do and we believe in the importance of a flexible, balanced and enjoyable working environment.
When the time is right, we plan to move to a mix of remote and office working, with 2 days of your time to be spent at our Loveshark hub in Shoreditch. You'll also be able to come in every day if you prefer.
Lovershark is looking for a front-end developer, with experience in React, to join our team. We are looking for someone who’s passionate about code, curious, and eager to learn. You’ll be working alongside other developers in the tech team. You will be responsible for creating new features, refactoring and improving the codebase, working on tooling and services to support the growth of our product.
Ideally you’re comfortable taking part in every bit of the creative process, from generating ideas and concepts, to building them with simple solutions to complex problems.
If you’re a Frontend Developer looking to see & feel the impact of your work at a fast-growing startup like Loveshark, we would love to hear from you.
What impact will you make?
- Maintaining and building our Admin panel system
- Integrate web pages and web services with Loveshark’s backend APIs
- Write well-formulated, testable and readable code using appropriate software design patterns
- Build responsive and cross-browser compatible web UI code
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to build a product that delivers and empowering user experience using the latest web technologies
- Debug and fix issues across our web applications
- Review, maintain and refactor existing code to meet the requirements for improved or new features
- Maintain and enhance existing features.
- Contribute to the improvement of integration and internal tools.
- Work with our Senior Product Designer to improve design system
- Develop new components and features for our frontend ecosystem
- Design and create screen flows, wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experience
A bit about you…
- Proven experience with React: ideally over a year building client-side web applications
- You are curious about learning and adopting new technologies, languages and practices
- Good communication and a proactive team player who excels when working collaboratively
- Ability to write code that can support modular / scalable UI architecture
- Experience with building and using websockets
- Previous experience working on large complex applications
- Proficient understanding of version control tools (ideally Git or similar)
- Good understanding of visual design, usability, web accessibility and SEO
- Familiar with modern web development workflows (Babel, Flow, Webpack)
- Working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatibility
Pushing the boundaries
- Developing ReactJs applications using AWS, using lambdas
- Ability to design and developer for mobile and small screen devices
- Any experience working in a gaming environment
Engineering at Loveshark
LoveShark's tech team consists of individuals that are passionate about technology. Apart from leveraging various technical resources to solve unique and complex problems, the tech team prides itself on its cohesion.
We create unique solutions with technology whether it's implementing infrastructure optimisation strategies on backend systems or developing intuitive and creative visual camera effects using deep learning. The team's overarching goal is to solve technical problems to enable solutions that tangibly benefit millions of users' lives.
We are always looking for passionate developers who readily take on tasks in whatever shape or form and can collaborate with team members across all areas of the company.
- Compensation: We offer competitive salaries in line with industry benchmarks, set using extensive market data. We review salaries on an annual basis to make sure we continue to reward people well for their contributions at Loveshark.
- Equity: Loveshark employees are granted equity and the opportunity to invest in what we are building, developing and to get to share in our future successes.
- Flexible working: As a trusted member of the Loveshark, you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to manage your time and routine in a way that suits you and your team, allowing you to deliver your best work.
- Holiday: We’re a team that likes to work hard, however we need to make sure we balance this with time to rest and relax. We offer unlimited holiday, plus the usual bank holidays.
- Equipment: We want to make sure everyone is set up to work effectively, we will provide you with the kit you need to work.
- Social: We’re big on keeping Loveshark a social place to work, regular team socials, weekly lunches - there’s always get-togethers and socials going.
- Pension: We believe in helping our employees save for retirement.
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process has the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review your CV as quickly as possible and update you on the next steps.
- Let's chat - Quick chat with our HR Manager about your experience and the role.
- Video call interviews - Video calls with the tech team and the hiring manager.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
We are a small team with a huge vision. We like to do things differently. We’re not old games industry veterans, we’re young and diverse and it shows in our work. Building the next paradigm of games means that we need the rebels and curious minds. If you don’t have the perfect experience but are excited about this role, apply anyway. Loveshark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.