Be one of the first in joining our newly created Digital Innovation Team in London!
Our goal is to become the global, digital transformation spearhead in cardiovascular and neuromodulation solutions that serve health and improve lives.
Our growing interdisciplinary team of tech, design and analytics experts engages in developing thought-provoking innovations and proofs of concept to accelerate and transform LIVN’s internal operations.
About The Role:
Full Stack Software Engineer will be part of LivaNova's Digital Innovation team focused on delivering thought provoking digital innovations, working prototypes, and will also embed in Engineering teams in other business units as an expert to provide assistance to design or deliver market leading digital medical products. This person will be accountable for ensuring projects are attuned to LivaNova's technology strategy and should demonstrate a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, agile delivery methods, modern and unstructured data management methods, web content management systems and the ability to implement and execute standard software architecture practices. Ideal candidates will have a rich engineering background as developed in fast moving start-ups / scale-ups and will also have deep architectural experience.
- Design and deliver architecture of digital products and develop them using Scrum and Agile development processes
- Create object-oriented design documentation that supports feature requirements
- Develop minimal viable products based on key business requirements
- Conform and contribute to a strong testing culture which include unit, integration and end to end tests
- Act as an expert and embed within other engineering teams to accelerate their engineering efforts
- Lead technical solution / product idea discussions in design reviews, pair programming, and code review
- Work with QA team to ensure a smooth handoff for testing and provide support during the testing process
- Identify and incorporate industry standard UI which adheres to industry known design patterns and methodologies, working with graphic designers to convert designs into visual elements
- Maintain code integrity and organize and ensure quality and responsiveness of applications
- Conduct performance tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development standard methodologies within the organization
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Computer Science / IT background is a plus
- Experience with software engineering standards, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, and continuous integration
- Full stack proficiency, experience in creating and consuming full stack solutions for mobile and desktop
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and analytical skills and problem-solving ability, including the ability to research and trouble-shoot application issues
- Experience with Microservices, adhering to best software decoupling practices
- Knowledge on containers is a plus
- Knowledge on key architectural principles to provide scalable and resilient software
- Demonstrable experience in instrumenting applications & acting on the outputs
- Ability to deliver on user stories, fix bugs and reuse code and platforms Consistent record of evaluating and designing scalable improvements to web, API and Windows Service, console-based applications
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge & breadth of database systems, programming patterns & styles and web application development
- Strong collaboration skills across small and large project teams (QA, outside vendors, project managers, business sponsors) as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated personal ownership of tasks and tenacious approach to finding and fixing the root cause of issues
- Experience in shaping an engineering community focused on sharing and growing knowledge
- Experienced working closely with DevOps engineers
- Exposure to Agile practices (nice to have - scrum master certification)
- This position requires 25-35% travel
What can LivaNova offer you?
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing cutting edge technology for cardiovascular and neuromodulation solutions
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning workstreams and operational decision making
- Experience a truly unique modern setting in the heart of London tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
- But most important: Be one of the first, leave your footprint and define your own career path!