Join us today and make a difference in people's lives!
Be one of the first in joining our newly created Digital Innovation Team in London!
Our goal is to become the global, digital transformation spearhead in cardiovascular and neuromodulation solutions that serve health and improve lives. You will work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams around the globe that discover, evaluate and implement new technologies into a sustainable healthcare system.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures and fosters strategic partnerships with existing players.
About The Role
Data Scientist will build analytics capabilities in revenue generating areas including: existing and new digital products, direct consumer advertising models, patient and clinical trial recruiting, sales efficacy, and related areas.
The data scientist's primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems. Information, or the models themselves, will be integrated with our products and go-to-market systems such as SalesForce. This person will be responsible for preparing and synthesizing data, analyzing and generating insights, and designing and implementing analytical solutions. She/he will help drive global improvements based on qualitative data and by investigating various topics and sharing insights to a broader audience.
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving data and advanced analytics products in a fast paced and agile development environment
- Work with multiple parties including Project and Product Managers, Researchers and Clinicians, and related parties to understand requirements and execute to the project vision
- Translate machine intelligence requirements and project vision into a prioritized list of user stories, developing and delivering intelligence products to required timelines and quality standards
- Provide leadership in data creation, formatting, gathering, and standardization to enable efficient and effective machine learning
- Drive and support increased efficiency across the teams to eliminate duplication of effort
- Support product and technology reuse and scalability
- Support process improvements which guide development, sustaining, and support activities
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of business, engineering, and scientific teams
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Store structured analytical information and ensure it is catalogued and easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with analytical systems
- Ensure Analytics model quality assurance and validate them (peer validation)
- Research tools, methodologies and frameworks for data analytics, keeping up to date with latest technology trends.
What are we looking for?
- PhD in a Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Strong mathematical foundation, excellent analytical capabilities with experience in a range of machine learning techniques
- Passion for data and for working through complex details of data collection, processing and transformations
- Practical understanding of how data is turned into insights to enable key business process. Experience creating analytical datasets
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, principles and practices
- Descriptive statistical modeling and algorithms, Machine learning algorithms, Modeling dataset building, Optimization, Data visualization, Pattern, cluster, segmentation analysis
- Good knowledge of industry perspective and ability to translate business needs into data
- Creative problem solving skills and openness to learning new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a self-organizing scrum team with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of medical datasets and predictive analytics in healthcare domain preferred
- Proficiency in relevant tools, programming languages & technologies, e.g. Python, R, SAS, Java, C, C++, C#, Matlab, SPSS IBM, Tableau, Alteryx, Qlikview, Rapid Miner, Visual Basic, Apache, Pig, Spotfire, Micro S, SAP HANA, Oracle, SQL language or SQL-like
- Open source libraries
- Exposure to Agile practices (nice to have - scrum master certification)
- This position requires 25-35% travel
What can LivaNova offer you?
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing cutting edge technology for cardiovascular and neuromodulation solutions
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Experience a truly unique modern setting in the heart of London tech ecosystem
- A great onboarding experience where you will get several trainings as well as deep insights into the different segments of LivaNova
- Competitive compensation with benefits
- But most important: Be one of the first, leave your footprint and define your own career path!