What you’ll do
- Use Rust to build a holistic self-custodial bitcoin library that will deploy to our front end targets
- Deploy micro-services written in Rust on our Linux backend
- Conceptualize and build new products for Lava with our engineers from a first principles perspective
- (Optional and a major plus) Work with the founders and other systems engineers in person
What you have
- Experience in systems development in a language such as Rust, C or C++. A desire to quickly learn Rust if not already known
- Literacy with both cryptography and bitcoin from technical perspectives
- Success with building projects from ideation to actualization
- Demonstrable knowledge of secure development practices
- The absence of fear for Linux and Bash
- A passion for bitcoin and bringing a principled, self-sovereign money experience to the world. As a result, you are willing to put in a ton of work to realize this mission.
- (Optional and a plus) Knowledge of the rust-bitcoin ecosystem
For context, at Lava, we are building a self-custodial wallet enabling users to access all their financial needs using bitcoin as their SoV/money. We are hiring a bitcoin-focused, cryptography-loving systems engineer.
Lava is backed by some of the best investors in the world, including Susquehanna International Group, Steve Lee (SpiralBTC), UTXO Capital, Hivemind, and more. Our goal is to build a first-class financial experience for everyone.
If this all sounds interesting to you and you think you'd be a good fit to join our company, please apply.