Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating, friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of autonomy? This could be it!
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer here at INSHUR, pre-pandemic based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included, and currently 100% remote. You’ll be working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including UK, New York and new European countries and US territories as we expand.
Reporting to the Senior Software Tester, you'll be joining a friendly team of 4 who believe in developing high quality and scalable solutions; and a global team of 80+ people, based in UK, US and The Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- Delivering great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
What you'll do
As our Software Test Engineer you will be joining our expanding test team. You will be working with key stakeholders and encouraged to promote testing as an activity that occurs at all levels of the department process. You will be an integral part of an agile scrum team and will be expected to design tests through models, techniques and other specialised skills and knowledge.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our recruitment is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below. However, we think the below would make you successful in this role. We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have had plenty of exploratory testing experience in web-based products, the API level and mobile
- Have a good grasp of Python and experience of writing automated tests and scripting to assist with testing
- Have experience with using UI and API testing tools such as Selenium, pytest, robot framework and requests
- Understand how automation fits into testing and the development cycle and how it can assist with overall testing efforts
- Are passionate about quality and software testings and keen to learn and enhance your skills
- Understand the value of building relationships with developers and stakeholders to reach a common understanding and engagement about quality and software testing
Your colleagues say you:
- Are an advocate of quality and have a “Build Quality” in attitude
- Are more focused on prevention of software bugs over finding them
- Are a champion for software testing, always keen to learn and educate others
- Are someone who is always happy to helps, adding value to projects
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, enjoy and thrive. Our working environment is a hybrid of remote and office based operation, depending on personal circumstances and individual and business needs. We aim to provide an agile and flexible base from which to grow and we are iterating as we go along. We’ve adapted our ways of working, including ‘remote-first’ principles, not merely applying office-based approaches to things like hours, our culture, and how we communicate.
Our budget for this role is £45,000 to £60,000 and we will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer.
Salaries are reviewed on an annual basis and we offer all our employees stock options. It goes without saying that we offer everyone a choice of laptop, monitor, top of the range kit and any software you need.
We've built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work, and flexible working hours
Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
Monthly Flexible Wellbeing Allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s improving your technical skills with books, courses and training or increasing your management abilities.
We are a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners we are on a mission to change the way customers buy, and feel, about insurance, for good. Our current product is an insurance app for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time with a simple click of a few buttons. We are currently live in the US, UK and NL markets and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new lines of product in 2021.
We believe that having a diverse team, in which everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is dog-, child- and wheelchair-friendly, and we are a family-friendly employer.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview.