Despite all the change following the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic, one thing became more certain than ever in 2020 - our homes are foundational to our very existence - they give us a sense of security and belonging, and they protect us even when the whole world is falling down around us.
This has made our vision at Hometree of “building the leading peace of mind brand in the home” even more important today than it was when we started our journey in 2015 from our founders' bedroom in North London. Like it or not - stuff goes wrong in our homes all the time, and when it does, it can truly upturn our whole life and cause significant stress and disruption.
At Hometree we bring peace of mind to tens of thousands of homeowners and landlords across the UK, by protecting them from unexpected repair emergencies and helping them to keep their homes running efficiently.
We do this by offering a suite of insurance and maintenance products to homeowners & landlords that provide 24/7 breakdown cover on a range of essential household items such as heating, electrics, and plumbing - all supported by a network of over 1,000 engineers famed for their service!
We are growing fast, and have some of the best ratings for these services in the UK. And this is just the start of a much bigger journey that will see us deliver more and more exciting services - all of which deliver homeowners unparalleled peace of mind & control in the running of their home, letting them focus on the things that really matter.
We are a five-year-old business backed by some of Europe's leading Venture Capital firms and other very influential angel investors. We have an incredibly diverse, experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe's leading tech start-ups, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more.
Our team’s mission is to build the most secure, efficient, and most trusted platform for providing home services; including a customer control centre for managing contracts, and a dynamic routing and subcontractor management system. We work as a small, tight-knit team, make quick decisions affecting all Hometree tech products, and have the flexibility to learn and develop with whichever tools are best for the job, be it architectural choices, Machine Learning methods, or choice of low- or high-level languages. The team also uses extreme programming methodologies.
At Hometree you’ll have a lot of responsibilities from day one:
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain AWS web applications and software architectures
- Building proof-of-concept mock-ups and rapid prototypes, leading to product ownership
- Mentoring other developers
Work collaboratively across the business in a multi-functional role
- Great written and oral communication skills
- AWS serverless infrastructure (Lambda, RDS, API Gateway, S3)
- LitElement or React
- Scalable relational database design
Apply if you are:
- A team player who works well with others including those outside the engineering team. Innovation - you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer-focused - You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?”
- Passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business.
- Willing to grow - an ability to work quickly with a love for constant learning and personal development.
Behaviours we value as a business
- Radical Candour - Respectful but direct honesty
- Ownership - Own your results without complacency
- Obsessed - Customer obsessed, everything else secondary
- Trust in Teamwork - Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Speed - Fast, data-driven decisions and results
Our Commitment to you
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. Hometree doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.
Hometree’s a workplace where you can be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Take your laptop to the sofa. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to do whatever we can to help you grow in your career (and make enough space for a fulfilling home life too).
We are based in Kings Cross and offer flexible working options - We are currently ALL working from home until further notice before we return to an office-based environment, where we will follow government guidelines on social distancing. To set you up for success we will provide you with a MacBook, subscription to all the tools you will need, company Breakfast every Thursday, drinks every Friday at 4.30pm along with quarterly company-wide social events.